Is REAPER the current best long term choice?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Michael L wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:33 am
liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:24 am
Michael L wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:04 am
liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:07 amrLive
lipstick on a pig
I hope you didn't find that out after the dating :hihi:
Sadly yes, I downloaded and opened it, and then I could not untaste it.
Turn off the light and try again :hihi:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 am
lipstick on a pig
Sadly yes, I downloaded and opened it, and then I could not untaste it :P
Turn the light off and try again :hihi:
Oh no, I need to see the tasty-looking theme to be fooled! :love:
In the dark, I can instantly feel the fat, bloated DAW.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am
lipstick on a pig
In the dark, I can feel the fat, bloated DAW.
It definitely begins to sound like from a cheap date to a beginning of a love story.
Welcome aboard!

liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:55 am
lipstick on a pig
It definitely begins to sound like from a cheap date to a beginning of a love story.
Welcome aboard!
Nooo, it is the story of youthful dreams dashed on the rocks of reality, of teenage romance that ends in tragic death, of the frog who dresses up like a princess but is still only a frog :dog:
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 am
liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:24 am I hope you didn't find that out after the dating :hihi:
Welcome aboard!
Nooo, it is the story of youthful dreams dashed on the rocks of reality, of teenage romance that ends in tragic death, of the frog who dresses up like a princess but is still only a frog :dog:
This should help you overcome the fear of Reaper.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/817 ... to_Princes

liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 am
Welcome aboard!
Thank you! That book is such a big help for me to understand how I feel about Reaper :o

From the user reviews:

- "[Reaper] fundamentally fails due its lazy structure and disorganized presentation."

- "The implication, of course, is that if [Reaper] isn’t working, you're either not doing it right, or you simply 'don't believe'."

- "I have never been able to tell if [Reaper] is completely unintelligible or really profound."
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:25 am
liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:41 am Turn the light off and try again :hihi:
Welcome aboard!
Thank you! That book is such a big help for me to understand how I feel about Reaper :o

From the user reviews:

- "[Reaper] fundamentally fails due its lazy structure and disorganized presentation."

- "The implication, of course, is that if [Reaper] isn’t working, you're either not doing it right, or you simply 'don't believe'."

- "I have never been able to tell if [Reaper] is completely unintelligible or really profound."
I'm lucky to have been as wrong as those writing such reviews.

liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:35 am
Welcome aboard!

From the user reviews:

Because Neuro-Linguistic Programming helped you reframe "wrong" into "right" for example:

- "[Reaper] fundamentally succeeds due its amazing structure and awesomely organized presentation."

I am not there yet BUT -- I have not finished reading the book :pray:
Last edited by Michael L on Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:40 am
liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:55 am It definitely begins to sound like from a cheap date to a beginning of a love story.
Welcome aboard!

From the user reviews:

Because Neuro-Linguistic Programming came to your rescue, and helped you reframe "wrong" into "right" :party:
I studied NLP in the early 90's for many years and made me a quite successful entrepreneur. With Reaper it's all about Divine Intervention :pray: after 60 years of being into music.

liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:47 am

From the user reviews:

Because Neuro-Linguistic Programming came to your rescue, and helped you reframe "wrong" into "right" :party:
I studied NLP in the early 90's for many years and made me a quite successful entrepreneur. With Reaper it's all about Divine Intervention :pray: after 60 years of being into music.
Hmmm, if God is mentioning The Reaper only now after 60 years, maybe it is His Way of preparing you for something that is about to happen . . .
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 am
liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:11 am This should help you overcome the fear of Reaper.

From the user reviews:

Hmmm, if God is mentioning The Reaper only now after 60 years, maybe it is His Way of preparing you for something that is about to happen . . .
Sure!
Reaper 8 :D

liquidsound wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:32 am
Michael L wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 am

From the user reviews:

Sure!
Reaper 8 :D
I, too, live in hope that software updates will fulfill all my FRs before I die! :pray:
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

liquidsound wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm
xbitz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm In most cases, it's still easier to work with an effect sequencer than playing with automations, although it's situational.
[JSFX] SEQS: Effects Sequencer

https://github.com/JoepVanlier/JSFX?tab=readme-ov-file
Nope!
If you manually drag in every automation curve and the device on/off switches one by one, you'll be laughed at

if someone was kind enough to dream up an AL/BWS junior into a plugin, then let's use it already, especially since you can now route in parallel-containerize within tracks
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:18 am
liquidsound wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm
xbitz wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm In most cases, it's still easier to work with an effect sequencer than playing with automations, although it's situational.
[JSFX] SEQS: Effects Sequencer

https://github.com/JoepVanlier/JSFX?tab=readme-ov-file
Nope!
If you manually drag in every automation curve and the device on/off switches one by one, you'll be laughed at

if someone was kind enough to dream up an AL/BWS junior into a plugin, then let's use it already, especially since you can now route in parallel-containerize within tracks
Yes, but we are also interested in making music :lol:

there's always an excuse :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”