One Synth Challenge #181: Surge (Voting Started!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/videosonix/kevin ... al_sharing

My first submission for OSC.
DAW - Reaper
8 Instances of the synth
Presets used -
Snare Tight
Kick 909ish
FM Bass1
Belle
Butter
Choir Pad Thing
FM Seq
Cyber Flute

Effects - none!

I'll put more effort in next time ;-)

https://soundcloud.com/verba/trompet-impression

This is my track with Surge.Remember vinil?.... :?:
DAW Studio One,18 inst Surge,FX Limiter,Pro EQ,Analog Delay,Room Reverb

Happy 15th anniversary OSC!
And congrats to dB for the incredible achievement!

Here's my track:

https://soundcloud.com/cdbaksu/kin-osc181

Used 30 instances of SurgeXT in Logic Pro. Auburn Sounds Panagement for panning; Analog Obsession MoMa, SSQ, TILTA, CHANNEV, and BUSTERse; Sixth Sample Deelay, Valhalla SuperMassive, Freq Echo, and Space Modulator; Korneff El Juan Limiter.

Please enjoy! :tu:

edit: Re-uploaded the track with removed El Juan Limiter as it's no longer free.
Last edited by cdbaksu on Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

Hi Guys I hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend here is my I think final version of my track. I do hope you enjoy this one and for those who have already heard it thanks for the feedback.

I make it in Ableton 11 on Windows 10 with 12 instances of Surge XT. I used the following effects EQ Eight, Drum buss, Color Limiter, Compressor, Limiter, Glue Compressor, Ozone Imager 2, Re-Enveloper, Auto Filter, note length, Delay, Reverb, STFU, Utility.

https://soundcloud.com/user-783020495/e ... al_sharing

My track keeps getting removed for copyright even though all my sounds are from Surge.

Finally, I was able to avoid the SoundCloud copyright by adding a noise element. I thought for a second I wasn't going to participate in the competition. Here is my submission.
https://soundcloud.com/synthtronica/syn ... l_sharing

Song Information

DAW
Tracktion Waveform Free 12.5.11

Synth
Surge XT (15)

External FX
TDR Nova (10)
MCompressor (1)
kHs Stereo (6)

Anlayzing
WaveObserver (3)
SPAN (1)

Mastering
TDR Nova (1)
TDR Slick EQ (1)
SPAN (1)
MStereoScope (1)
LoudMax (1)
Youlean Loudness Meter 2 (1)
Last edited by SynthDX7 on Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

cdbaksu wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:24 am
Used 30 instances of SurgeXT in Logic Pro. Auburn Sounds Panagement for panning; Analog Obsession MoMa, SSQ, TILTA, CHANNEV, and BUSTERse; Sixth Sample Deelay, Valhalla SuperMassive, Freq Echo, and Space Modulator; Korneff El Juan Limiter.
Hello! Very slick, as usual! Quick question about El Juan, it does not appear to be a free plugin? It's $29.99 over at Korneff (reduced from $2,999.99, which is nice to be sure :D ), but not free?

Can we use the 3rd Party Wavetables inside the synth already? For example: A.Liv, Damon Armani, Emu, etc.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:45 am
Hello! Very slick, as usual! Quick question about El Juan, it does not appear to be a free plugin? It's $29.99 over at Korneff (reduced from $2,999.99, which is nice to be sure :D ), but not free?
Oops, I thought for sure it would remain free forever because of the $2,999.99 "joke". I guess the joke was on me. Will replace it with Logic's stock limiter. Thanks for letting me know!
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

SynthDX7 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:07 am My track keeps getting removed for copyright even though all my sounds are from Surge.
Depending if you trust Google's song detection algos (or not), the section from 2:32 is either; Hamidshax - Hello Love, DNDM - Don't Worry, or Enspirian - The Temple of God Opened in Heaven.... There's the vaguest hint of familiarity with the first two, but you really have to squint your ears a lot... Also, assuming SC triggered for one of those, surely they would also trigger each other?

Personally, I think your fine (by some margin), it would be a huge stretch to think otherwise.

cdbaksu wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:54 am
Oops, I thought for sure it would remain free forever because of the $2,999.99 "joke". I guess the joke was on me. Will replace it with Logic's stock limiter. Thanks for letting me know!
No problem, and I'm sorry to be a pain in the hoop... but at least you have time to fix it :tu:

An easy mistake to make though. I think El Juan was free during the beta period and if you registered it then, you were given a free licence after the commercial release.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:06 am
cdbaksu wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:54 am
No problem, and I'm sorry to be a pain in the hoop... but at least you have time to fix it :tu:

An easy mistake to make though. I think El Juan was free during the beta period and if you registered it then, you were given a free licence after the commercial release.
Yes, I found out about it during the beta. But then when it released it was still free, and "reduced" from that ridiculous price, so I thought that was the joke: a free L1 :D

Anyways, the new version is exporting now, will replace it soon!

Edit: fixed! Thanks again for letting me know!

Hello !

This is my contribution.
On Reason Studio.
15 SurgeXT tracks

soundcloud.com/zicolafaillesound/im-short-osc181-surgext?si=b700594138a64ea8a14ecba68f051c27&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Thx

Hi! My entry for this month:

https://soundcloud.com/thematcher/echoe ... ap-yard-ii

Made in Ableton Live 12 with:
15X Surge XT
plus

Ableton stock effects:

EQ Eight
Compressor
Glue Compresssor
Limiter
Reverb
Delay
Echo
Utility
Saturator
Auto Filter
Multiband Dynamics

and
3rd party plugins:

ValhallaSupermassive
SPAN
Youlean Loudness Meter 2

Hope you enjoy it.
Cheers!

kevin_c wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 am https://soundcloud.com/videosonix/kevin ... al_sharing

My first submission for OSC.
DAW - Reaper
8 Instances of the synth
Presets used -
Snare Tight
Kick 909ish
FM Bass1
Belle
Butter
Choir Pad Thing
FM Seq
Cyber Flute

Effects - none!

I'll put more effort in next time ;-)
Hi - your track needs to be made downloadable from SC (Track -> Edit -> Permissions). :tu:

Return to “Instruments”