Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

I think it's only available to Ultimate subscribers. You could buy Unify if you want to use layering and other extra features. It has more than Galaxias 4 layer limit also.
Last edited by Examigan on Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Caine123 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:43 am isnt Galaxias only usable if you got a cloud? cause you need all the instruments and libraries available?
Yes you have to have an ultimate sub. It's not really an instrument it's basically just a host that hosts the other Roland instruments you already have on your system and allows for the creation of layered patches

Would be infinitely more useable if they would allow it to host other companies VST3 instruments as well. Especially effects. There are of course other software packages that allow for that

Examigan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm
Jon at Roland wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:20 pm Hey Examigan. That is very odd that it updated itself. Do you happen to have Auto-Update Instruments deactivated in your preferences?
Hi Jon

I just checked it out and Auto-Update was not selected.

I started up RCM to look and yet again it says there's an update.

first.jpg

But I waited a few minutes and then just like before, the button disappears and it says it's updated. I didn't click on the "New version available" button either.

second.jpg

If I reboot or whatever else and start RCM again, it almost always goes through this same sequence of events. At least I can use the two plugins I bought, so it's not a total loss or anything, it's just weird. :?

I won't bother posting about this here anymore, but will wait to see if the support gets back to me through email.
That is very very weird.

Thank you for reporting all of this. And let me know if there's anything else you need!
D-Fusion wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm Thank you for digging out the info Regarding Voice count :tu:
Looking forward to hear what you find out on the Expansion side too since it says Wave expansions which is the same as SRX but in Zen form and how much it can be expanded with Zenolgy Pro sounds and the Wave expansions :)

I do have the SH-4D for pure synth programming so this keyboard would be a great addition to my setup if i can add my 4 banks of Zenology Pro presets and my 5 Wave expansion packs into it.
Yea that sounds great! I think the SH-4D is so cool and have thought about getting my hands on one.

I really don't see why the GO:KEYS 3/5 wouldn't be able to import custom patches but hopefully I will get a clear answer next week if I don't hear something in the next couple of hours! Monday is a holiday for us so we won't be back until Tuesday.

Jon at Roland wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 am Hey everyone! I’m very happy to announce that GALAXIAS is now available as a VST3 plug-in.
More compatibility to come!

Thank you for your patience. :phones:

:party: :party: :tu: :clap:
Love it :hug:
Thank you muchly Roland 👍
Now that this is done and dusted, can we have some new instruments PLEASE?
Last edited by mdx4ever on Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Examigan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm
Jon at Roland wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:20 pm Hey Examigan. That is very odd that it updated itself. Do you happen to have Auto-Update Instruments deactivated in your preferences?
Hi Jon

I just checked it out and Auto-Update was not selected.

I started up RCM to look and yet again it says there's an update.

first.jpg

But I waited a few minutes and then just like before, the button disappears and it says it's updated. I didn't click on the "New version available" button either.

second.jpg

If I reboot or whatever else and start RCM again, it almost always goes through this same sequence of events. At least I can use the two plugins I bought, so it's not a total loss or anything, it's just weird. :?

I won't bother posting about this here anymore, but will wait to see if the support gets back to me through email.
Windows or Mac? What version of RCM?

PC - Windows 11 with any Windows updates already installed.
RCM (at first) v1.3.0
and then after it says it has updated - v1.3.1

At this point I don't care, as long as I can use the two plugins I have.
It's just strange that once in a while it seems to revert back to 1.3.0 and then it does that update business. I check in "Settings/About" and I can see the version number there before and after it happens.

Latest version is v3.1.3 so you seems to to be one behind…
Try to force download directly from Roland and install…
Hopefully that will resolve your issues…
Hope it helps.
Good luck 😉

mdx4ever wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:53 am Thank you muchly Roland 👍
You got a new instrument back in mid 2022 what more do you want? [/Sarcasm]

IvyBirds wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:24 pm
mdx4ever wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:53 am Thank you muchly Roland 👍
You got a new instrument back in mid 2022 what more do you want? [/Sarcasm]
But it’s only 2024… 🤣
And here we go, new monthly bill for empty space of Roland Cloud for Ultimate Nothingness… :(

Seems like you might as well just buy the Play-4-Life deals.

Examigan wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:11 pm Seems like you might as well just buy the Play-4-Life deals.
Nothing new there either. In all honesty besides the D50 and maybe the JD800 there is really nothing in the Roland Cloud you can't get outside of it, without the RCM nonsense, bugs, and stability issues

The Jupiter 8, 303, and Juno are done very well elsewhere for far less money, if you want Rompler sounds Falcon or HALion are loads more powerful and have very deep engines. You can also load your own samples. Korg's Triton Extreme VST gives you the late 90s/early 2000s Rompler sound of the Fantom that is used for the XV and JV engines and gives you all of the expansion ROMs in one instrument rather than crippling your sound design options by having them as separate plugins. Want to layer vintage Synths with orchestral instruments? Eric Persing made some awesome samples that are on different SRX cards so you can't do it with Roland, but Korg actually thinks sound design is important so you can with the Triton Extreme. Want late 80s/early 90s Rompler sounds? Roland pretends the JV1080 is different from the XV5080 which is really the Fantom while Korg gives you the M1 again with all the factory ROMs included in one giant library

Roland has sat on their hands for two years now rehashing the same old same old while the competition has moved right by them

If you are just starting out and don't have any plugins the Cloud represents a great value at $20 or $10 a month. However so does Arturia and Korg. Especially if you take advantage of sales the Arturia V Collection is a far better value and has Jupiter 8, Juno, and 303, in addition to everything else. For a little more if you want Rompler sounds you can get the Korg Collection

Both of which are available as rent to own BTW on Splice which at the end you would own outright and not just rent

Jon at Roland wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:40 am Hey everyone! I’m very happy to announce that GALAXIAS is now available as a VST3 plug-in.
More compatibility to come!

Thank you for your patience. :phones:

You should try Arturia Analog Lab, Omnisphere or Rob Papen Prism, how fast it can open presets. Galaxia feels like a Kontakt Sampler of big gigabyte Orchester Bank libraries to open a preset with 4 simple synth presets. Is the copy protection so slow, or why does it take 15 seconds to replace a scene ?

So glad I never bit the bullet and joined the fiasco that Roland cloud is

I’ve picked up some awesome synths through sales elsewhere from Arturia,softube,etc through the marketplace that cover my needs apart from the jd800 which I might just buy a license for but I doubt it at £149

The financial arrogance from Roland with the cloud where you have to commit to a subscription is now beyond embarrassing
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

damoog wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:27 pm apart from the jd800 which I might just buy a license for but I doubt it at £149
The JD800 is nice, that along with the JD990 and the D50 were perhaps the best things Eric Persing did when he was with Roland

But £149 is insane compared to what other plugins sell for from other companies

IvyBirds wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:48 pm But £149 is insane compared to what other plugins sell for from other companies
True, it seems the big 3 are all expensive. Korg are expensive and Yamaha's now old plugins are expensive too. But that seems to be the thing with larger companies with a long history in hardware. Eventide are also expensive but less so these days.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Instruments”