Handling/Triggering/Looping Samples inside MXXX without midi

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I remember asking this before... But I don't remember if I discussed it here. There are a lot of changes in my life right now, switching from being a teacher at school to university, still teaching music, so maybe there will be more interested people in melda devices around me soon :-).

So here come's my question/wish:
I'd like to trigger and loop samples from within MXXX (maybe also in MSoundfactory) to make some rythmical ambient Effects with backgroundnoises or special Drumsound-enhancement plugins with triggered noises.
I know, I could take the sidechain input, but having it as closed effect or being able to use it in a (drum?) instrument would be fantastic. I'd like to trigger sounds via transients or open an Attenuator to let through impulses from a loop.
Also instruments could get retro backgroundnoises with hissing and humming while not playing a note via midi.
This would be a fantastic playground...
Anybody who follows this idea? Any hope to have it implemented?

best regards

Martin

Well that's what the samplers in MSF are for ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:23 am Well that's what the samplers in MSF are for ;)
But can I trigger them and start loops not using midi from within MXXX?

MeldaProduction wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:23 am Well that's what the samplers in MSF are for ;)
Because I want to build effects with audio/transient triggered ambient/noise... sounds inside MXXX.
Imagine a drumloop which triggers some vinyl crackles rhythmically or a plugin which triggers a widew space ambient sound with detected transients for enrichenig the orignial signal. This would open a whole new dimension. It would just need kind of a wave/sample-player module (with loopmodus) which can be triggered via audioinput. For example outputting a looped wave when detecting an audioinput above trigger x... or shooting sample y at a certain detected tuning, or playing a random sample out of a list or for a certain detected level when a transient is detected.

Yeah, I've wanted to auto trigger samples from audio too. Would love to use the Envelope modulator type to start triggers on a sampler in msoundfactory, which is inside mxxc. I'm using a reaper plugin to trigger midi notes.

In MXXX you can use a follower modulator to modulate the 'Trigger' button of MDrummer Sampler.

In bitwig there is a stock plugin called replacer to trigger a midi note with input audio. Here is the video:
https://youtu.be/oO-95_1yjGE
But I really hope to see a similar trigger function with adjustable note in MSF. Or maybe somewhere I haven't discovered it yet.

+ 1 for MMIDIEditor with trigger, detection and some piano rolls. Insert into your instrument as a module and have the oscillators play the notes...this is a form of sound design. Until then, arp.

rannyc wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:16 am In MXXX you can use a follower modulator to modulate the 'Trigger' button of MDrummer Sampler.
Yeah, this really works. That took long to realize how easy it was again :-). Thank you so much!
And for the looping & ambient, I just loaded a Superlooper and recorded a loop, then I disabled hostsync, closed the projetct, opened it again... voila! It starts when opening the project and remembers the loop! WORKS!
This is enough for now, this should work for what I had in mind, but I'm happy to have triggered all the other input in this thread, there is still headroom for nice things!

Glad it helped. :tu:

Return to “MeldaProduction”