MSF web page sound demo oddity

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As I bought today a FilterscapeVA soundset by soundtrack composer The Unfinished (Matt Bowdler) and as I wanted to suggest to take a look at MSoundFactory, I took a look at how the MSF web page looked like and noticed an option to hear some sound demos.

So I clicked on it and played the first demo. You'd figure out that by now I've heard all kinds of audio streams using the computer, and that saying that I use Linux to dodge off a problem is not a good argument at all.

There was no music heard. None. The sound of silence. Tried it with two browsers.

It's possible to see this as an oddity. However, since I worked in software design and development for so many years, this kind of 'oddity' might affect others using other software and operating systems. Only the most adventurous amongst them would get back to Melda or would download the MSF demo nevertheless. The others might very well go, frig it, I'll look for another synth, there are so many that people are currently talking about.

Playing audio in a web browser is such a basic thing.

I'd say make the demo more accessible at large. Post a video on youtube, like so many VST companies are doing, link to it from your MSF product page. That would be the basics. Youtube will not hurt you.

MSFDemo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tried on w10/Firefox. Also silent initially - until I clicked on the waveform once.
Reaper | MComplete Bundle

jan-sandahl wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:32 pm Tried on w10/Firefox. Also silent initially - until I clicked on the waveform once.
Right on. Play button, move over ! Who needs a play button ?

Also, I could get back to soundtrack composer Matt Bowdler, who already said he has already many synths on his list and haven't heard about MSoundFactory, to underline several outstanding MSF features and asking him to see the product page and, by the way there are sound demos on that page and if they do not play after pressing the Play button, click on the wave forms to hear something.

What a nice way to make a professional first impression.

Return to “MeldaProduction”