Baby Audio BA-1 synth out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BA-1

Uncle E wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 pm Use a different email address to send them the email. Maybe your emails are going to their spam folders or their emails are going to yours.
That’s what I meant, but you definitely were clearer than me :ud:

Uncle E wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:58 pm Use a different email address to send them the email. Maybe your emails are going to their spam folders or their emails are going to yours.
Uncle E, I already checked my spam email. I'll try to use another email address
frankly, I feel really disappointed with them

I own this and it is ok. It's not mind blowing, just ok. Not particularly rich or "warm" sounding for a synth that was analogue but I don't know the original so maybe that was a tad cold as well. Tad metallic maybe, not entirely convincing for classic huge sounds like a good poly synth.

Not that everything analogue has to be overly thick and heavy. Neither is that big sounding.

Those statements are a bit overstated I think.

My feeling is you would not want too many of them in track compared assuming you have other good synths like Diva as just one example. Cheap enough with plenty of presets and somewhat novel, so cannot grumble.

Effects, characterful, quirky but easily bettered with external.

It's ok, usable.

Whilst BA Audio stuff is interesting and unique, I get a quite glassy sound, in a not so great sounding way, from the stuff I hear so far, delay this synth. Sometimes when I want glassy I select something that does glassy more classy. Lead crystal sparkly rather than basic window pane hardness.

It is fun and usable but I am not convinced it sounds better than many other really good synths.

Hopefully this balances the gushing out a little.

Get demo, test for yourself, glad I paid no more than intro price.

Original CS-01 was a player’s synth. Chick Corea, John Medeski, etc. Its thin sound pokes through a full band.

Apparently Underworld and Dust Brothers used it but there’s no song where I would be able to pinpoint it.

Uncle E wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:22 pm Original CS-01 was a player’s synth. Chick Corea, John Medeski, etc. Its thin sound pokes through a full band.

Apparently Underworld and Dust Brothers used it but there’s no song where I would be able to pinpoint it.
It also had a breath controller input assignable to the VCO or VCF, giving some more expressive options.

Just to clarify I meant their delay plug in when I mentioned it. I did not mean delay listening to the demo... demo it immediately and see if you like it. There is much to like, though I don't find it "big" sounding personally.

Quirky and fun, yes.

If you can't make it sound absolutely huge, you're not trying very hard.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Synthman2000 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:03 pm Just to clarify I meant their delay plug in when I mentioned it. I did not mean delay listening to the demo... demo it immediately and see if you like it. There is much to like, though I don't find it "big" sounding personally.

Quirky and fun, yes.
same here, way too thin for my taste, the release is too short as well

MrNagarma wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 pm Thanks for answering me, BONES
I'm still waiting for an E-mail from them to get into my user account

Shopping with Baby Audio
A link to download your software - will be emailed to you "INMEDIATELY" after checkout
5 days waiting for the "INMEDIATELY" e-mail
I sent an e-mail to support@babyaud.io four days ago and nobody replied it

What kind of support is that?

They have my money and I have nothing
Sorry, but this is the worst service I've ever seen in my life!
Hi there, we definitely didn't get this (or maybe we did but in that case we replied already). We reply to all emails within 48 hours and our inbox is clear at the moment. What email did you send it from? Would you mind emailing directly to tristan@babyaud.io?

Order emails are delivered instantly. When someone doesn't receive them right away, the most usual reason is because there was a typo in their email address when placing the order. In your case, since you didn't receive the order email and also not our responses (provided we have responded to you, which I don't know until I see your email address!), the most likely reason could be that there's an issue with your email not receiving stuff from us. You say your spam folder is empty so it's not there of course. Either way, please email to Tristan directly and he will help out. Or DM us here. Heck, you can even text us if that's necessary, we can share a phone number is all else goes wrong. We don't want to leave anyone hanging :)
babyaud.io

Also, just a quick note to say that 5 new expansion packs are out for BA-1 today. Check them out here:
https://babyaud.io/ba1-expansion-packs
babyaud.io

For a simple synth, there sure are a lot of preset packs around for it.
Last edited by BONES on Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I expect there will be a market and that it is an essential part of business for the company.

Personally, it puts me off buying a synth when there are many in-house expansions (especially when they are built into the software’s UI) as I know I’ll want to collect them all. :-)

BONES wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:59 am For a simple synth, there sure are a lot of preset packs around for it.
But are they any good? Have you tried them?
Check out my OSC (One Synth Challenge) entries and more Logic Pro sequences on SoundCloud and YouTube.

Yeah, there are some good and some not so good ones, like every preset pack for every synth. But there is also a fair range of timbres that does manage to cover a lot of ground.

I 100% get buying sample packs for Omnisphere, Falcon, Avenger etc. but why would you not want to just make your own in a synth with less than 100 parameters? The thing is fun to mess with.

Return to “Instruments”