Spectral-Plugins ceased trading...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...according to a statement here:

https://spectral-plugins.com/

It seems they are offering their plugins for free to previous customers - at least that's how I read it. In my case I had bought one of their offerings previously and was just able to grab the other two.
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

I received an email from them saying that Pancz had been updated (from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7). I installed the updated version and it crashes both Reaper and Cubase 13, so reverted to 1.1.6 which still works OK. Also downloaded the now-free Spacer plugin and that also crashed Reaper and Cubase so I deleted it. Don't know what has happened to them, but there are probably farw too many plugin companies for them all to make a living out of it.

kingtubby wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:45 pm It seems they are offering their plugins for free to previous customers - at least that's how I read it.
Nope, free for anyone.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Damn... :(

None of their VST 2 or 3 plugins scan or load correctly in macos.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:28 am None of their VST 2 or 3 plugins scan or load correctly in macos.
You forgot to say "YMMV"

The latest versions load fine for me AU and VST3 in Reaper, macOS 12

plexuss wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:17 amYou forgot to say "YMMV"
The latest versions load fine for me AU and VST3 in Reaper, macOS 12
I can't load them in MuLab or Reaper macos 10.14 and can't remove the quarantine, but fortunately YMDV!
Last edited by Michael L on Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Seem to work just fine in fl

jens wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:43 am
kingtubby wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:45 pm It seems they are offering their plugins for free to previous customers - at least that's how I read it.
Nope, free for anyone.
Ah, ok. Thanks :tu:
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

LordPeter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 pm I received an email from them saying that Pancz had been updated (from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7). I installed the updated version and it crashes both Reaper and Cubase 13, so reverted to 1.1.6 which still works OK. Also downloaded the now-free Spacer plugin and that also crashed Reaper and Cubase so I deleted it. Don't know what has happened to them, but there are probably farw too many plugin companies for them all to make a living out of it.
Can anyone else confirm if these crash Cubase 13?

I tried them today with Cubase 12 on Windows 10 and they were fine, but I'm not sure I want to use them in projects if they're going to crash in future versions of Cubase.

Working fine here in Reaper on Windows 10. Spacer is killer.

concealed identity wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:38 am
LordPeter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 pm I received an email from them saying that Pancz had been updated (from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7). I installed the updated version and it crashes both Reaper and Cubase 13, so reverted to 1.1.6 which still works OK. Also downloaded the now-free Spacer plugin and that also crashed Reaper and Cubase so I deleted it. Don't know what has happened to them, but there are probably far too many plugin companies for them all to make a living out of it.

I tried them today with Cubase 12 on Windows 10 and they were fine, but I'm not sure I want to use them in projects if they're going to crash in future versions of Cubase.
Well, I have to apologise. Following other comments I rebooted my PC and reinstalled both Pancz 1.1.7 and Spacer 1.0.4 and both VST3s now work just fine on Reaper 7.12 and on Cubase 13 Pro on Windows 10. I have no idea why they were crashing before and I probably need to learn to keep my mouth shut before I've tried everything. I'm sorry if I put anyone off installing the plugins.

LordPeter wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:30 pm
concealed identity wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:38 am
LordPeter wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:25 pm I received an email from them saying that Pancz had been updated (from 1.1.6 to 1.1.7). I installed the updated version and it crashes both Reaper and Cubase 13, so reverted to 1.1.6 which still works OK. Also downloaded the now-free Spacer plugin and that also crashed Reaper and Cubase so I deleted it. Don't know what has happened to them, but there are probably far too many plugin companies for them all to make a living out of it.

Well, I have to apologise. Following other comments I rebooted my PC and reinstalled both Pancz 1.1.7 and Spacer 1.0.4 and both VST3s now work just fine on Reaper 7.12 and on Cubase 13 Pro on Windows 10. I have no idea why they were crashing before and I probably need to learn to keep my mouth shut before I've tried everything. I'm sorry if I put anyone off installing the plugins.
Hey thanks for the follow-up! And no worries, even though a PC restart is the first step in troubleshooting, it's easy to forget this in the case of plugins (at least it is for me).

I'm also happy to hear that because all three of these plugins are FANTASTIC imo. But it's really sad that Spectral is shutting down, because I would have paid for these if I had ever known about them. This was the first I've ever heard about them, so perhaps this is a lesson in how important marketing is for plugin developers. All three of these are either replacing plugins I have or offering me something new, and they look and sound great and are satisfying to use. I hope the developers continue to work on plugins, because these are really impressive imo.

Return to “Effects”