[Trance] The Grandeur (Original Mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hallo everyone!

I just finished a new tune. Hope you can enjoy it. Feedback is appreciated. Enjoy! :wink:

https://soundcloud.com/euphoric-feel/th ... iginal-mix

Here is a screenshot of the track in Cubase Pro 13.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kvruser1000 on Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Progressive Trance ;) I like it. I like the breaks/drops and also how the parts are "prepared" by the snare roll. It has a lot of energy from start to finish.
When I listen to trance, it's either psytrance (mostly Israeli by Astrix, IM etc.) or Anjunabeats-style ("TATW").
The only thing I noticed (I only listened to it on my monitors and not on headphones) was that the lead sound (the electric guitar?) seemed a bit quiet to me.

Hallo Arnold,

thank you for your feedback. I will see, maybe I fix it and raise the volume of the lead later. I will then post an update here.

Besides, the lead is not an electric guitar but a synth preset from Reveal Sound Spire. :wink:

I like the tune. I agree with Frank Arnold; I want to hear those quieter lead melodies poke out more front than they do now, as they currently sound a tad buried by the accompaniment when they come in.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

OK I turned up the volume of lead and electric grand. I also did some mixing. What do you think? Does it in some way sound squashed?
Last edited by kvruser1000 on Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bump

kvruser1000 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:55 am OK I turned up the volume of lead and electric grand. I also did some mixing. What do you think? Does it in some way sound squashed?
That tweak does help a tad, but perhaps a more effective way to get better separation is to find a different "sweet spot" in the mid-range frequencies for each of those instruments to carve out their own space in the frequency spectrum to have an impact within the full mix. It may be a little trickier with the kick side-chain ducking and other enhancements that you may have in place for the drums and percussion.

This blog may prove helpful to you.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Update

It sounds good! at some points it might be a bit to much reverb but thats maybe my taste. Ik like the main synth line. Not entierly sure about the piano part. nice break with the bass sound on the background. You can make song like a minute longer. Generally a very nice track!

Some new ideas there.

Like the jazzy feel of the piano section

The mix has space, sounds good and the atmosphere of the track is nice

Thank you! Finally someone who likes the piano. :-)

Return to “Music Cafe”