Tracktion Waveform 13

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am confused, this thread was supposed to be about the upcoming - not yet released (until tomorrow) - V13 - why do you guys keep talking about 12.5 as if that wasn't firmly last year?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

syntonica wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pm I'm glad to hear that Waveform is still a train wreck.
Nobody knows at this point, since it hasn't been released yet.
I will promptly not download it and not use it!
Well, if you have already made up your mind anyway before there is anything to even just look at, then what are you even doing here?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

They released a video on Facebook and Instagram with the new features that 13 will have. The things I am most excited about are the fully customizable interface and the new full support for multiple midi controllers. I've always wished Tracktion had better support for controllers in the past so this will be nice to see. I assume the headline update will be the new clip launch feature since it fits a workflow a lot of producers prefer now. There is also a new Wavetable Synth that comes with 13. There is also several other features that will announced on released tomorrow per the Facebook announcement. Excited to give it a good run through tomorrow.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Can someone explain what Tracktion is? How it compares to DAWS like Cubase/Nuendo and Ableton Live
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

jens wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:39 am
syntonica wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pm I'm glad to hear that Waveform is still a train wreck.
Nobody knows at this point, since it hasn't been released yet.
I will promptly not download it and not use it!
Well, if you have already made up your mind anyway before there is anything to even just look at, then what are you even doing here?
To warn the masses before it's too late! Repent! Repent! :lol:
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

I had 11. Upgraded to 12... tried it and it's still not my thing. I will probably upgrade to 13 and never use it just like that
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

bk wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am
mdx4ever wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:08 am Might did out my old ver.9 licence to get it at discount price point.
I wouldn't count on a discount. Looks like they only offer discounted upgrades if you owned the prior version. Like version 11 to 12, or 12 to 13.

They do use almost any excuse for a 40% off sale, though.
I’ll pass then…

Interesting, how many people have problems with Waveform s plugin scanning.
On my system it runs extremely quick.

The I make the largest and most complex arrangements with Waveform, without any bug or even a crash.
I had this problems a few versions b4 , but v.12 really made the change.
I have Cubase 13 also on my system, but every time I want to make a song, I go to Waveform.
Its super fast, playing some notes for a VST include some wave If needed, stretch them to fit it, pitch shift and manipulate
it to make it sound as I want, and the wave FX you can reach from the wave-clip itself, like tape stop and other are perfect.
The song arranger is fantastic and easy to use.

Cubase also can do all this stuff, but its more.....hm........clicking around to get it done and takes more time.
I love Cubase, but so fare.....I found my self more and more going to Waveform to get the music in the air.

Just wanted to point out, that here are musicians that love Waveform and that it can work flawless:)

mdx4ever wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:15 am
bk wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am
mdx4ever wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:08 am Might did out my old ver.9 licence to get it at discount price point.
I wouldn't count on a discount. Looks like they only offer discounted upgrades if you owned the prior version. Like version 11 to 12, or 12 to 13.

They do use almost any excuse for a 40% off sale, though.
I’ll pass then…
Ditto. I asked support about this and their advice was "pick up a full price licence in our regular sales".

Obviously they're free to set their own upgrade policies, but clearly they've lost customers due to this one.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

electro wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:28 am Can someone explain what Tracktion is? How it compares to DAWS like Cubase/Nuendo and Ableton Live
It was originally designed as a single page UI DAW, so everything it could do was basically on screen at the same time, It lost that quite a lot as it got more complex, and other than it being a complete RTA of stability since before Mackie bought it (back when Jules himself developed it) all the way up to 12.5, it is actually a super fast DAW to learn and use.
In yay old days of yonder, a hardcore KVR user was routinely using Energy XT 1.4 inside of Tracktion as their go to weapon of choice, and that combo is actually still unmatched a lot even today.
If they can sort out the stability issues I would be jumping back in to this for sure.
Duh

bungle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am Had the same stability and CPU issues as everybody else, still waiting out for that one day when they do a good stable release.
I am surprised by comments like this one. I am fairly new to Waveform Pro but so far it has been rock solid here.

It has scanned and validated all 1000 plugins I own without any issues on two different systems (Win 10). There have been several bug fix betas released in the last couple of weeks giving me confidence in the future of WF and I'm really looking forward to trying version 13 when it is released today.

I plan on making WF my main DAW going forward as it doesn't have the major flaw of FL Studio or the missing features of Bitwig that are important to me. I find the workflow fast and efficient and the UI pleasing with custom tweaks (more customizations are coming in version 13).

I don't know if you could call me a fanboi at this point but I don't see any reason not to be a fanboi. I wouldn't have come to love it so much if I had found reasons not to.

It's incredibly stable here, does everything I want and does it well. I often wonder why it's not more popular. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:23 pm
bungle wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:40 am Had the same stability and CPU issues as everybody else, still waiting out for that one day when they do a good stable release.
I am surprised by comments like this one. I am fairly new to Waveform Pro but so far it has been rock solid here.

It has scanned and validated all 1000 plugins I own without any issues on two different systems (Win 10). There have been several bug fix betas released in the last couple of weeks giving me confidence in the future of WF and I'm really looking forward to trying version 13 when it is released today.

I plan on making WF my main DAW going forward as it doesn't have the major flaw of FL Studio or the missing features of Bitwig that are important to me. I find the workflow fast and efficient and the UI pleasing with custom tweaks (more customizations are coming in version 13).

I don't know if you could call me a fanboi at this point but I don't see any reason not to be a fanboi. I wouldn't have come to love it so much if I had found reasons not to.

It's incredibly stable here, does everything I want and does it well. I often wonder why it's not more popular. :shrug:
My saying:)

Teksonik wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:23 pm It's incredibly stable here, does everything I want and does it well. I often wonder why it's not more popular. :shrug:
To me it's not more popular because of the Push controller.... Ableton nailed it with this one for me. everything else is just... not working with it. :)
Reason, Waveform, FL, Logic, Renoise, Bitwig...
Last edited by sQeetz on Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

bungle wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:14 am If they can sort out the stability issues I would be jumping back in to this for sure.
Agreed. I've had issues in the past, and see people continue to have issues. Doesn't make me want to spend any time with it.

Teksonik wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:23 pm There have been several bug fix betas released in the last couple of weeks giving me confidence in the future of WF and I'm really looking forward to trying version 13 when it is released today.
While it is great they seem to be fixing a few bugs, my question is why did they wait until so close to the release of 13, to fix bugs in 12.5, that have existed for a year or more?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”