Where is Reason 13?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GregRband wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:05 am
VOODOO U wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:03 am
GregRband wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:08 pm A quick Google will show that famed Producers like David Wills (Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Phil Collins, Diana Ross, some of the greatest hits ever recorded) still loves and uses Reason.... How on Earth can Reason not be a "valid DAW" at that level of success?
Just because a highly successsful producer uses a piece of software doesn't make it valid in whatever sense. Did David write any of the hit songs using Reason?? I'm not sure we'll ever know that. He uses it, loves it, doesn't mean it was used on any successful production.
They all hold unique ways of doing production processes...
Right. Reason has a certain charm to it with the rack. To hell with its sequencer. Just load the rack as a vst in a modular DAW and have it as its own modular environment along with other VSTs.
If bands can record, mix, and release hit songs on a damn phone app, then.... well, all major DAWs are capable DAWs.
Which band(s) actually wrote a hit song(s) using phone apps? I'm definitely intrigued.
I can't find the video I remember about the song being completely done on this software, phone and ipad maybe.... but it was Linkin Park using Stagelight by Open Labs (now owned by Roland). I could swear that the song was release on their then album (marketing ploy?)... not sure, its been awhile. Probably was for the "Demo verson" of song idea that went on album....
Here is an bit I found referring to something about what I remembered from long ago...

Mike Shinoda, co-lead vocalist and producer ofLinkinPark, said, “I would recommend StageLight to anyone. It doesn’t matter if you’re just starting or a touring professional. It’s the perfect tool for anyone wanting to create or perform live.”

The song Mike created with StageLight can be found here: http://smarturl.it/LP_StageLight He invites users to listen and manipulate it in their own version and add to it. Mike will be appearing at Dell World in Austin,Texas this week to do a live demo of the program.
Stagelight is now Owned by Roland and is called Zenbeats now.
https://www.roland.com/ca/products/rc_zenbeats/

Greg literally stated this (minus the new name) in the post you quoted. ;-)
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:18 pm Greg literally stated this (minus the new name) in the post you quoted. ;-)
Damn i didn't read the small print :oops:
But i did atleast help a little by pointing to the latest version from Roland for those that might be interested :D

Any news? Its so silent about Reason

It probably means V13 is quite near...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

are we there yet?

So any jokes aside how plausible or possible is it to expect Reason 13 this summer? I mean I know none of you know that, those who may know are not allowed to say, what I am asking about is whether the major version release track record shows implications of something like that - or R13 is more likely to be released in 2025.

Mind you I am not complaining or demanding - R12 at the current version seems quite mature and stable for what it is. I am just curious. I can not even imagine any new device since R12 has so many. With R13 I expect more love for the DAW itself and possible new EQ or overhauled mixer and mastering devices.

Personally I think it's quite unlikely at this point that it's not going to arrive within the next three month.

jens wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:29 am Personally I think it's quite unlikely at this point that it's not going to arrive within the next three month.
Well, that is a very optimistic view. I hope you are right. Maybe when their sale ends - ReasonStudios will post more about the upcoming stuff.

Regards

I'd say it's more realistic than optimistic - something like 34 months is the longest time between two major Reason releases so far, and that amount of time since the release of R12 will have passed this July. Plus, a few fixes aside, they've been rather silent for a sizeable while.

jens wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:11 am I'd say it's more realistic than optimistic - something like 34 months is the longest time between two major Reason releases so far, and that amount of time since the release of R12 will have passed this July. Plus, a few fixes aside, they've been rather silent for a sizeable while.
That would be awesome...

Maybe Superbooth 24 holds answers on Reason 13?

Wow is there even any reason users left ?
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

I don't use the DAW much but Reason 'rack' is still one of the best bits of music software I own.
The DAW does have a lot of advantages over Live/Bitwig still- great mixer, decent midi tools, audio pitch correction (like Melodyne) but it is definitely dated other than that and hasn't really found a use niche for me. The rack is where all the real advantages are, best of both worlds in a DAW of choice.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:53 am I don't use the DAW much but Reason 'rack' is still one of the best bits of music software I own.
Same here. Couldn't be happier with my switch to Studio One 5 years ago. But I keep noticing that I use the Reason Rack VST the most.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”