Feature Request: MultiAnalyzers Wave Display - Add Option to set it to Tempo-Synced like PsyScope or audija.com OScope

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm refering to this thread where I have asked the question whether it's possible to set the waveform display in MultiAnalyzer to tempo synced mode. viewtopic.php?t=608465

It's not possible right now to set the waveform display to tempo synced mode => I would like to post this a Feature Request.

Examples for tempo synced Oscilloscope plugins: Please leave a like or a comment if you support this FR

I once requested this and I was told that it is not possible with the current graphic engine where every Melda Plugin is based on. I was told that this option would be a lot of work to reprogram it. Like always; this may come in future updates. Till then, I use other plugins.

+100

stekra wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:49 am I once requested this and I was told that it is not possible with the current graphic engine where every Melda Plugin is based on. I was told that this option would be a lot of work to reprogram it. Like always; this may come in future updates. Till then, I use other plugins.
Thanks for the feedback. I don't know when you asked for it ...hopefully it was before Melda teamed up with the bigger company which hopefully provides more dev capa which migh give this FR a considerable chance in the dev backlog.

viewtopic.php?p=8566418#p8566418

This was my question about this topic in Nov. 22. I guess this was before Melda joined the bigger FL developer.

I honestly find oscilloscopes more trouble than they're worth, if they don't have tempo sync.

When I started making music, we didn't have tempo sync for such things, so I stopped using oscilloscopes.

Now I have at least two of them with tempo sync, I still forget to use them, because I've learned to cope.

Still nice when I see it working in Shaperbox though.

Actually, I've noticed a few times lately, where the Melda framework won't allow us to have features that other plugins are starting to get.

I guess that means that other devs are starting to catch and overtake Melda in some areas?

Yeah, there is areas where Melda is still light years ahead, but I am definitely seeing some ageing in the graphical display side of things

_al_ wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:54 pm I honestly find oscilloscopes more trouble than they're worth, if they don't have tempo sync.
Exactly this.
And Melda has almost everything already in place in MMultiAnalyser to create a great *tempo synced* multichannel oscilloscope. It would allow one to check different channels in one view for instance basedrum and bass ... as does PsyScope Pro. I would really love this because it helps to seperate stuff.
"Only" thing that needs to be added would be a Config Tab to set Oscilloscope sync settings. I know the "Framework" thing, like the same view is available in every plugin ... but I think Devs can easily use a feature flag to enable the tempo synced settings only in a few selected plugins.

Bump ...
I wonder - In the past Melda himself showed up at least once a week or once every two weeks. Is he still present at this forumgiving feedback to FRs?

] Peter:H [ wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:16 pm
And Melda has almost everything already in place in MMultiAnalyser to create a great *tempo synced* multichannel oscilloscope.
You know what I think the problem might be...
When Vojtech started building these plugins, he explained how he planned it all in advanced, and built a solid "framework" code, that he could then use to build any plugin he wanted, from this base code. Well that's how I interpreted his comments anyway.

So that's why all his plugins look the same. they literally are from the same framework.

I always saw that as the work of a genius, when he said it, but I'm wondering if that's the reason that there is certain things that he just can't do?

Would it alter the framework in a way that would be incompatible with his other plugins?

Just a guess...
Still though, I can't deny that Melda still holds top spot in my FX collection (especially that fking multiband delay)

_al_ wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:02 am
] Peter:H [ wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:16 pm
And Melda has almost everything already in place in MMultiAnalyser to create a great *tempo synced* multichannel oscilloscope.
You know what I think the problem might be...
When Vojtech started building these plugins, he explained how he planned it all in advanced, and built a solid "framework" code, that he could then use to build any plugin he wanted, from this base code. Well that's how I interpreted his comments anyway.

So that's why all his plugins look the same. they literally are from the same framework.

I always saw that as the work of a genius, when he said it, but I'm wondering if that's the reason that there is certain things that he just can't do?

Would it alter the framework in a way that would be incompatible with his other plugins?

Just a guess...
Still though, I can't deny that Melda still holds top spot in my FX collection (especially that fking multiband delay)
The "altering existing" stuff is exactly why I proposed to use feature flags when compiling stuff. Then you can have two versions, one "basic" second "synced", of the waveform display and control which version is linked into which plugin. And actually adding a synced view should not interfere with the core processing routines ... at least I have learnt to seperate processing from presenting data like the model-view-control pattern or it's successors.

I see it as you do - I have Melda for years and lately switched more and more back to it as I discovered the bitwig fx are just meh to me.
And while looking for alternatives to the multi input channel option of PsyScope, which Bitwig does not support(!), all over sudden MMultiAnalyzer came to my mind ...it offers multi-channel ... but then I found out it lacks syncing which does not work for the use case I use PsyScope for.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:34 am
So has anyone from Melda actually given any sort of response to this request?

Maybe I saw it and just forgot, lol.

But yeah, it's annoying.
For me, there is nothing worse than spending an hour creating a sound with an fx plugin, then realising there is something you are not able to do... so you have to replace the fx with a Melda version :x

That's why I just stick with Melda now. I don't even care if my other plugins sounds better or more analogue or whatever. I know I can rely on Melda to give great results, hassle-free.
(ffs I sound like an ad lol)

Oh well, like I say, I'm used to having no oscilli-thingy, but it sure would take these plugins into untouchable territory!

Actually, as an FL user, what I'm hoping for more than anything, is for Melda's stuff integrated into FL!
I seem to recall reading that Image Line stopped development and updates of it's VSTs?

How awesome would it be, if that was because they are working to bring Melda into FL :o

Oh well... I can dream :hihi:

Return to “MeldaProduction”