Dawesome MYTH

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hooray! :phones:
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Really looking forward to getting hands on this thing. Have they hinted at the price point anywhere?

Hopefully they'll do an intro deal for existing customers.
I have everything they've released so far. :hyper:

seems like I´ve been waiting for this for ages... one more week then
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the MYTHs, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?

https://www.dawesomemusic.com/myth
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

MYTH offers a paradigm shift: drag and drop audio and it will be re-synthesised as an IRIS.
anybody here knows more vs. "re-synthesised" ?

Funky40 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:32 pm
MYTH offers a paradigm shift: drag and drop audio and it will be re-synthesised as an IRIS.
I found this quote from the developer (Peter) himself on an other forum:

"you can import samples. These are "re-synthesised" to something like a "liquid wavetable". Its not a faithful playback like in a sampler, instead it trys to re-model the sample with a synth engine. Afterwards you have all these funny dials to change the sound"

Beachboy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:50 am
Funky40 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:32 pm
I found this quote from the developer (Peter) himself on an other forum:

"you can import samples. These are "re-synthesised" to something like a "liquid wavetable". Its not a faithful playback like in a sampler, instead it trys to re-model the sample with a synth engine. Afterwards you have all these funny dials to change the sound"
Sound similar to what Synplant does, which is the most fun I can have with a synth atm. Can’t wait for this one
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

You guys are in for a treat. I was fortunate enough to be a part of the beta process and program some factory patches for MYTH. Here's a brief summary and patch walkthrough. Just a few more days! 8)

https://youtu.be/t15V6BpIfg0

Ahh.. fantastic you are/were on board..
I have two Dawesome synths, never use them... got excited when everyone else was and GAS took over, but though I know they push new sound paradigms, I like my old fashion analogue-ese sounds for the most part..
Let me go listen.
rsp
sound sculptist

I think the concepts and approaches of these type of experimental new plugins are cool, but in the end I don't hear any sound I've never heard before or could make with another one. Especially when combined with the usual effects.

I've gotta say, I'm not a fan of the preset browser at all. Sorting by artist rather than any kind of categorisation and tagging makes browsing presets a huge no-no when you're looking for a particular type of sound. I'll still purchase it because it looks great for experimentation, but yeah, that browser.

If you mean accessing the presets through the burger menu, then you will be glad to know that there is a complete preset browser where you can select tags etc - accessed from the 'BROWSE' button towards the bottom right of the UI.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 11.32.24.png
You have tags, and you can browse by these tags, or subfolders or author name or by text search.

Beyond just browsing presets this is used to create a selection and then click on the BREED icon (the little chick with an egg) to create a new preset by re-combination of things from the current preset selection. Of course you have normal randomisation, too. And you can "freeze" sections to exclude them from randomisation / breeding.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”