Imaginando BAM groovemaker

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone else tried this ? I just bought a copy yesterday as the site has a 50% off deal for the next few days or so. It uses a matrix to launch clips (Ableton, Waveform, Bitwig etc), can host and act as a VST and comes with a synth, sampler etc.
I'd already tried the demo and thought it was very promising and its interface is very smart.

Apparently upgrades are free for life (as per FL Studio). The current beta v1.1 (testers only) has the excellent RubberBand timestretch but this is not available in the official version yet.

I tried it and love it. I use it mostly on my iPad, but on occasion I play with the desktop version.

luxgud wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:17 am can host and act as a VST
Where does it say it can host VST? Couldn't find it.

The iPad version can host plugins, but the desktop can't yet. I believe it is planned though, but I don't have an idea when it'll come to be

VOODOO U wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:55 pm
luxgud wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:17 am can host and act as a VST
Where does it say it can host VST? Couldn't find it.
It can host AuV3 plugins not AuV2 or vst plugins which is great on the iPad,not so great on the computer unless it’s Apple silicon. Even then I can only download a handful of the AuV3 plugins I own on the Mac.It does have an AuV2 and Vst and VSt3 plugin version but it doesn’t work in Fl Studio and crashes it,I’ll have to try it in Logic and Bitwig later. Definitely seems good for iPad use not so much on Mac. Too expensive for limited functionality on Mac

Ok thanks for the info guys. I'd be trying it on windows so maybe it works better on that but w/o vst3 support, it's not worth the try just yet.

Sorry to have misled about VST hosting, I was aware of AUv3 and knew VST was coming.

Thinking about BAM posed a question in my mind namely, when is a beta not a beta ?
When developers release software that lacks generally accepted functionality, surely that constitutes a beta version .. or does it ? Developers are always adding stuff, so is all software in a perpetual state of beta-ness ?
I don't really knows the definitive definition of 'beta software', maybe there isn't one ?

Does it have a loop slicer?

Not yet

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”