Audiority Dark Memory updated to v1.1.1 - Vintage BBD Echo/Chorus (AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark Memory

Audiority wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:28 pm Dark Memory has been updated to v1.0.1

Changes:
- FIX: Unwanted offset on delay time when MOD is 0
- FIX: Missing automation labels for some parameters

You can download the update from your User Area account.

Please note: the bug were adding around 30ms to the regular/synced delay time only when modulation was set to 0. All presets using Chorus mode or Echo presets using modulation are unaffected.
The delay time bug seems to be fixed for Sync Off (ms), but Sync On is still not correct. For example 1/4 actually is 1/8d at 90 BPM. It's 1/4 at 120 BPM though. Is it permanently synced to 120 BPM somehow? I have experienced that same issue before with delay effects from other developers. As if 120 BPM is the default tempo for delay VST plugins.

Am I allowed to swear here? -_- Confirmed. I'll fix it today.

Sorry guys

Audiority wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:10 am Am I allowed to swear here? -_- Confirmed. I'll fix it today.

Sorry guys
Thanks Luca. :tu:

Dark Memory has been updated to v1.0.2

Changes:
- FIX: Sync stuck at default 120BPM rate

Audiority wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:10 am Am I allowed to swear here? -_- Confirmed. I'll fix it today.

Sorry guys
Don't worry, Luca! You're always super fast with fixing these buggers and that's honestly cool :tu:

Besides, considering to where things are heading on global scale, wrong delay offset is a minor nuisance, after all. Sometimes I wonder, will there be any plugins at all in the post-apocalyptic world, after they blow everything up to the skies?

I can imagine half-naked nomads and savages chasing after Luca across the wasteland with cudgels and stones, hooting and screaming: "You still haven't modeled that vintage Small Stone phaser you promised years ago! Give us the plugin, programmer!" :x :evil:

But lets hope things don't escalate to that. It's bad nightmare material.
Last edited by Luka_Kostii on Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Currently listening to "Have a Cigar" live on 1977 tour. This line always gets me:"You gotta get an album out, you owe it to the people".

If Luca was a member of Pink Floyd, the lyrics would be "You gotta get the plugin out, you owe it to the people" :lol:

Roger wouldn't allow it, though. He'd get pissed off and fire Luca from the band.

Another great delay, love it.

I have a couple of request. Is it possible to add a choice to keep the noise level low, or skip the noise?
In certain circumstances, the noise is too much

Is it possible to add a simple filter to sculpt a bit the feedback.
Of course we can add and EQ, but it will work only in a bus.

With some sound a bit dark, the Dark Memory is a bit to muddy.

I'm currently demoing this, and really liking it, but I had a question for other users: is it me or does the "Spread" parameter not reset to 0%?

If I load a new instance on the INIT patch, increase the delay time and the feedback to an obvious level, play something, set the "Spread" to 100% and then back to 0%, I'm still hearing a stereo spread.

I've tested it with a scope to make sure that I'm not just imaging things and, oddly, setting it to Chorus mode and then back to Delay mode gets it back to the expected mono, but I have to imagine that that is not the intended behaviour.

I'm on Live 10, Windows 10 and I get the same result in both the VST2 and VST3.

I was just wondering if anyone else could confirm! Thanks in advance.

ohdoubleu wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:01 am I'm currently demoing this, and really liking it, but I had a question for other users: is it me or does the "Spread" parameter not reset to 0%?

If I load a new instance on the INIT patch, increase the delay time and the feedback to an obvious level, play something, set the "Spread" to 100% and then back to 0%, I'm still hearing a stereo spread.
Can you submit a ticket with a short video of the issue? So it can help me replicating it.

Thanks,
Luca

Audiority wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:01 pm
ohdoubleu wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:01 am I'm currently demoing this, and really liking it, but I had a question for other users: is it me or does the "Spread" parameter not reset to 0%?

Can you submit a ticket with a short video of the issue? So it can help me replicating it.

Thanks,
Luca
Hi there! I just sent a message and video to support@audiority.com, I hope that it helps.

Dark Memory has been updated to v1.1

Changes:
- NEW: Updated Framework
- FIX: Spread still active when set back to 0
- BREAKING CHANGE: Minimum macOS version is now 10.13

No Dark Memory yet? Get it discounted during our Delay Month! (Ending on May 6th)

Thank You Luca
It would be great if you can add a tone like in Plexi Tape

I’ve found Dark Memory is too dark to be useful in most situations. I wish it could switch between the full-bodied sound of the Deluxe Memory Man and the darker tone of the underclocked EH7810 Memory Man.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Dark Memory has been updated to v1.1.1

Changes:
- FIX: Spread not working while SYNC is enabled

No Dark Memory yet? Get it discounted during our Delay Month! (Ending on May 6th)

jamcat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:22 am I’ve found Dark Memory is too dark to be useful in most situations. I wish it could switch between the full-bodied sound of the Deluxe Memory Man and the darker tone of the underclocked EH7810 Memory Man.
Agreed it's way too dark.
It's the reason of my request for a tone control similar to the Plexi Tape
Parallel on a fx bus, it's ok, but mostly unusable in serial on a track

Return to “Effects”