Patchwork and Connect for CPU off loading

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I sent this email to support a few days ago but didn't get a reply, so am asking here as well. I read the knowledge base, and watched Youtube tutorials, and read the blog, and still have 2 clarification questions on using Patchwork and Connect for CPU off loading.

Let's say I have a new PC and an older PC. Let's say my DAW and Softube Model 72 vst is on my new PC, and say I want to offload Softube Model 72 processing to the older PC.

QUESTION 1: Do I need to have a copy of Softube Model 72 on the older PC also?

QUESTION 2: What Bluecat software do I need on the newer PC, and what Bluecat software do I need on the older PC?

Thank you

Hi,

Pasting part of the reply to the ticket here for the record, in case it may help others (newer PC=client and older PC=server):
First, please be aware that Connector is "JUST" a tool to stream audio and MIDI between several machines, that's it. Offloading CPU capabilities is just a "Side effect" of being able to send and receive audio and MIDI between the machines.

Regarding your questions, here are the answers:
- The plug-in you want to load on the server has indeed to be installed on the server. It is not necessary to have it installed on the client though.
- on the newer PC (client) you need Connector installed as a plug-in, to be able to send and receive back audio and/or MIDI within your DAW. On the server, you need to install the PatchWork app (to run as a host application). If you only need a single track of audio, that's all you need there. If you want extra channels to be processed, you will also need to install Connector there.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”