Is there a delay that sends each tap on it's own stereo out?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm getting into delay effects. What I would really like is a delay that has a stereo out for each of it's taps. In EazyDrummer I can set each element on it's own out, and then processes effects per element. I would like to be able to do this per tap on a delay, add 8 tracks to my project, then set the source of each to one of the taps. Does this exist? I was going to get Blue Cat's Late Replies, but instead of loading plugins in plugins, being able to just process like I am already used to in Ableton would be huge for my workflow.

If it doesn't exist, is this something easily done in Max (I'm an Ableton user)?

if you’re not desperate to have a single gui for the delay, just bung a bunch of simple delays into their own chains in an effects rack. you don’t even need additional tracks unless you want to mix the results separately or make it easier to use sends.

gaggle of hermits wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:50 pm if you’re not desperate to have a single gui for the delay, just bung a bunch of simple delays into their own chains in an effects rack. you don’t even need additional tracks unless you want to mix the results separately or make it easier to use sends.
Way better solution. Thanks. I'll just do 8 tracks, each with a delay set to single tap but with different timing. I'm <politically incorrect statement>. Thanks for the assist!

I might be wrong, but Cubase's MultiTap delay works along the lines of what you're asking, I think.

Ableton doesn't have one natively, but some dude on Reddit made something that you might like as a Max 4 Live device:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... _made_one/

It's easiest to bounce the delayed audio then put it on a track with an Auto Pan synced to song tempo. Do this all the time in FL. You can do it as a send like that but it always helps in timing if I can see the wave.

If you don't need the effects in the feedback loop then using many, very simple delays is probably the way to go. For a multi tap feedback processing system, I'd say that a setup like Max would be the way to go. Does max4live allow piping data between plugins like you could in pluggo?
Also reaktor has multiple outputs so this would be straightforward to build there. Really most modular DSP platforms would be fine.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

harddaysnight wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:32 pm ... some dude on Reddit made something that you might like as a Max 4 Live device:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ableton/commen ... _made_one/
Makes a lot of cool devices for Live and has a website too (with a couple of nice freebies).
https://rainbowcircuit.gumroad.com/

osiris wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:35 pm It's easiest to bounce the delayed audio then put it on a track with an Auto Pan synced to song tempo. Do this all the time in FL. You can do it as a send like that but it always helps in timing if I can see the wave.
But then I would have to bounce and update each of these tracks, and knowing me that would limit my threshold for being willing to make changes (but of course then be annoyed from then on that I didn't do the change and focus on hearing what I don't like). ShapperBox/FilterShaperXL shows me the wave and how I'm impacting as well so I should be good for a good chunk of my goto's.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:25 pm If you don't need the effects in the feedback loop then using many, very simple delays is probably the way to go. For a multi tap feedback processing system, I'd say that a setup like Max would be the way to go. Does max4live allow piping data between plugins like you could in pluggo?
Also reaktor has multiple outputs so this would be straightforward to build there. Really most modular DSP platforms would be fine.
Erm... yeah compounding changes in the feedback loop is part of what I'm looking for so that wight mean going back to hosting the VSTs in Blue Cat's LateReplies or looking into Max. I haven't done Max programming, though have done lots of software development in a previous life.

Max is pretty straight forward especially if you are familiar with coding syntax and how data is moved around in a digital system. I haven't played with vst hosting in Max ever but it's very possible. Depending on the plugins you wish to insert in the feedback path, you'll have to contend with any processing latency introduced by each plugin every time it feeds back to the delay input. There are plenty of good plugins that have zero latency processing so it shouldn't be too bad. I might have suggestions but I'm not sure exactly what you want to achieve sound wise.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

harddaysnight wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:32 pm I might be wrong, but Cubase's MultiTap delay works along the lines of what you're asking, I think.
You're not wrong. Cubase's Multitap does what the OP wants easily.
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 10.23.26 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

ROTMetro wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:37 pm I'm getting into delay effects. What I would really like is a delay that has a stereo out for each of it's taps. In EazyDrummer I can set each element on it's own out, and then processes effects per element. I would like to be able to do this per tap on a delay, add 8 tracks to my project, then set the source of each to one of the taps. Does this exist? I was going to get Blue Cat's Late Replies, but instead of loading plugins in plugins, being able to just process like I am already used to in Ableton would be huge for my workflow.

If it doesn't exist, is this something easily done in Max (I'm an Ableton user)?
This plugin might do what you want, and it's free: https://youtu.be/Hhphxdgil0w?si=gP2hOakozV64L68i
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Return to “Effects”