v1.0 released: ExtraBold — Free Subtractive Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ExtraBold

nakst wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:04 pm Huh, strange :/ I tested ExtraBold this morning on my M2 Macbook, which also runs Sonoma, and there was no issue. Sorry to hear you can't get it working, I have no idea why that is.
Boy, this is my day for apologies.

Sorry, nakst, This was caused by an error I must've caused weeks ago. Apparently, I somehow made "The Unarchiver" my default file compressor, instead of Apple's "Archive Utility"....as seen in this incriminating screenshot:
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 7.24.00 PM.png
I corrected my defaulted compressor and have opened your plug-in. As you don't provide a VST2 or 3 version, and I primarily use Cubase, I successfully wrapped it in Plogue's Bidule and have run it without issue. It also opens without issue on Logic Pro 10.8.1.

Thanks for the freebee. Again, apologies for the agita.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
On a number of Macs

I like the free Nakst synths. Thank you. However,for this one, every time I open the standalone or AU in Live 12 on my M1 MBP I get "The patch database could not be updated (P2)". I did not change any default settings. Seems to have no consequences when I just click OK.

FotoxBr wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:12 pm I like the free Nakst synths. Thank you.
:) Thank you!
FotoxBr wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:12 pm However,for this one, every time I open the standalone or AU in Live 12 on my M1 MBP I get "The patch database could not be updated (P2)". I did not change any default settings. Seems to have no consequences when I just click OK.
Can you check what folders are specified in "Settings" -> "Change user content folders"? This error message can be ignored, but it means that plugin cannot access these folders.

I did not change these defaults and they are the same as in your Regency that does not give this message. See attachment.

Edit:
I think I solved this. I just created these folders. They were not there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

v1.0.1 has been released for macOS. This should fix the incompatibility with third-party .zip extractor tools.

Congratulations for your new synth Nakst :clap:

Demo :phones:
https://youtu.be/T3ovQrhVfYQ

:o

How the hell do you get a sine wave in this synth?

Nigel Maus wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:17 pm How the hell do you get a sine wave in this synth?
There's no way, currently. But I'm going to add such functionality in the v1.1 update.

Feel free to put other feature requests here as well!

continues waveform morphing would be great in integrate too :)

When are we getting a VST version of this great synth :( :( :(

zeph wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:29 am When are we getting a VST version of this great synth :( :( :(
While it doesn't seem likely, it is possible that the developer is not aware that you are entitled to a VST version.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:22 pm
zeph wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:29 am When are we getting a VST version of this great synth :( :( :(
While it doesn't seem likely, it is possible that the developer is not aware that you are entitled to a VST version.
Is a VST version offered? How is a person "entitled" to a VST version (or anything, for that matter), with a "free" plugin? :wink:

EDIT: It just occurred to me that your comment may have been (probably is) a completely a tongue-in-cheek/sarcastic comment, in response to the query. Disregard me! I believe we are both on the same proverbial page after all. Pay no attention to the mumbling old man that shakes his fist at clouds! :lol: :hihi:
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Nakst did it again :clap:
I like the pitch on lfo1 (feature that I would like to see in Apricot too...second request for Apricot by the way...a button to turn off/on the preview screens...)
I also like the soft noise a lot

The sound is really nice, very easy to use. The factory presets are great, really versatile and cover all styles...I specially like the raw, dirty big fat leads and bass you both made...A must have :tu:

Maybe you could add a portamento ...

A second black/grey skin (same as Apricot) for night sessions.

More presets for both Apricot and ExtraBold (never enough presets lol :D ). I also hope some sound designers will release soundsets soon or help to increase the factory presets of both synths.

Return to “Instruments”