The Synthmaster 3 Thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:48 pm 2. Effect section, when everywhere you have to press left mouse button to select or activate, BUT to select effects you have to press right button, thats so inconsisten
So how would you want it to be ? Like a long press (left mouse) to show the menu. (On iOS there is no right click, so we use long press gesture)
Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:48 pm 3. Then in osc section when you navigate from osc 1 to osc 2, OSC and VOICE tab sizes are inconsistent
This is not an issue in SM3 anymore, because I rewrote the UI architecture and SM3 is using template containers for modules. So every instance of a module (osc, filter, mod, etc) have the same layout. In SM2 that was not the case and editing th UI was a real headache.
Lbdunequest wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:48 pm 4. Category names overlapping
If you are referring to Preset categories, we are using NKS categories for the past 2 years, to be in line with NKS standard.
Last edited by kv331 on Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

RoadCrewWorker wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:28 am Yes, 0xAn midi events. Here's a min setup of Launchpad X pad pressure going into VST3/2 basic "saw-wave into filter, cutoff modulated by MIDI->Poly Aftertouch" patch: (sadly the kvr forums dont let me attach reaper project files)
Could you possibly email me the project file? bulentbiyikoglu AT kv331audio DOT com

I really want to get poly aftertouch working.

Thanks!
Works at KV331 Audio

Trancit wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:56 pm Preset not working with the latest 2 versions:
BT Digi Warmth.jpg
Yes some SM2 presets throw Missing waveform warnings. I will take care of that after beta release.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:10 am Could you possibly email me the project file? bulentbiyikoglu AT kv331audio DOT com
I really want to get poly aftertouch working.
Thanks!
Was busy the last weeks but got around to this, hope it helps and good luck!

RoadCrewWorker wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:08 am Was busy the last weeks but got around to this, hope it helps and good luck!
Hi, thanks for the project file. I guess you are referring to the VST3 not recognizing the PAT messages, right? Just fixed this issue in the latest update (Rev 15010)
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi guys

Just released a new update (Rev 15010). With this update, we added the following woodwind samples to our factory library: Bassoon, Alto Clarinet, Euphonium, Flute, Ney, Piccolo. There are also some critical bug fixes, so please download this update from user area: https://www.synthmaster.com/userarea.aspx

new factory samples.jpg

Here is the change log:

1. NEW: Added 2 dimentional zoom functionality for sample waveform view
2. NEW: Added automatic loop start/end point finding algorithms to sample waveform view
3. NEW: Added period marker finding algorithms to sample waveform view
4. NEW: Added auto-normalization functionality to normalize preset levels
5. NEW: Added the following samples to factory sample library: Bassoon, Alto Clarinet, Euphonium, Flute, Ney, Piccolo
6. FIX: Mod matrix scroll bar does not work correctly
7. FIX: Moving wavetable effects up or down crashes SynthMaster 3
8. FIX: XYPads 3 and XYPad 4 modulations don't work
9. FIX: SynthMaster 3 might crash when user switches a preset and presses a modulation source button
10.FIX: SynthMaster 3 VST3 does not process poly aftertouch messages
11.FIX: SynthMaster 3 VST3 does not report host parameter names correctly

Cheers

Bulent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

Is there a release date for this?

briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:05 am Is there a release date for this?
Beta version will be out on the week of April 22 with some factory presets.
Works at KV331 Audio

Mmh, pardon me please, but to me, the new GUI feels worse than the previous alpha/beta gui... Any chance to have that alpha gui back, too? This gui looks kind of 90s design, those outlines, but then not really aligned and not crisp, too... Of course this is my very personal opinion here, I feel like this skin doesn't help to make sm3 more attractive. The controls are too small, even on larger scales, the knob outlines as said do not help, the font could be one size bigger, then less padding and better antialising for readability. Somehow the whole skin lacks of contrast.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:57 am Mmh, pardon me please, but to me, the new GUI feels worse than the previous alpha/beta gui... Any chance to have that alpha gui back, too? This gui looks kind of 90s design, those outlines, but then not really aligned and not crisp, too... Of course this is my very personal opinion here, I feel like this skin doesn't help to make sm3 more attractive. The controls are too small, even on larger scales, the knob outlines as said do not help, the font could be one size bigger, then less padding and better antialising for readability. Somehow the whole skin lacks of contrast.
I strongly disagree, new gui looks way better.

Lbdunequest wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:18 pm I strongly disagree, new gui looks way better.
If the opinion of the members of our facebook users group is an indicator, most users liked it. So, we will stick to it. I will also bring back the White and Dark skins that existed for SM2, until "Release Candidate" (end of May)

Just so you know, we are doing the GUI development in house until we reach beta status, so that the layouts finalize. Then, we will reach out to designers like Satyatunes so that they can create additional skins.

I just want to make it easy for UI designers to skin SM3 without delving into the GUI editor, just by modifying the background images or xml files (for skin colors, fonts and styles), I made some significant changes in the GUI Editor, and still making...
Works at KV331 Audio

Are there pictures of both GUI's I can see somewhere?

briefcasemanx wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:03 am Are there pictures of both GUI's I can see somewhere?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/synthmasterusers
Works at KV331 Audio

Hi...is there any way we can pay for the S3 upgrade with Paypal please?
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:13 am Hi...is there any way we can pay for the S3 upgrade with Paypal please?
PayPal payment is supported:
paypal.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”