SynthCraft

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I tried to load the feedback project but got this:
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Featherless biped wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:38 pm I tried to load the feedback project but got this:

Untitled.png
:dog: Sorry, my silly mistake done in a rush. I'm using a newer version of SynthCraft.

This is v0.700 compatible.
Feedback Loop v0.700.zip

Kirsty
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nice! It works. :)

Is the difference equation for the LPF circuit: y[n] = (1 - b)*x[n] + a*y[n-1] ?

Featherless biped wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:37 pm Nice! It works. :)

Is the difference equation for the LPF circuit: y[n] = (1 - b)*x[n] + a*y[n-1] ?
Sort of.
The original schematic is derived from a parameter smoothing algorithm so represents a bad example.

In this project I elimate the (b) param and (derive b = 1 - a) directly, while (y[n-1]) is taken from the order in which the modules are processed.
The filter will only work correctly if z - (in * b) + (z * b) is computed before (in * b)
The numbers below each module show the execution order, which in this case is filtering and changing the phase of the saw wave.

feedback loop 2.png

To make a better filter is possible but the modules need to be inserted in exactly the right order.
I'm thinking that two new modules dedicated for feed-back and feed-forward would simplify the process considerably.

Kirsty :)

Thanks! Would a delay module with a delay of only a few sample times be possible?

I installed this and had a very quick look, loaded examples etc.

Seems very nice. Haven't use SE for over 10 years, but workflow seems similar, so hopefully will pick it up pretty quickly.

Looking forward to see how it progresses

:tu:

hope its ok to ask here....

couple of points

1. right click/Help on a module doesnt work. Be handy if a help file came up with the basics for that module. Help on main menu doesnt work either

2. Not quite sure what level in LFO is doing, read it serveral times but cant grasp it, yet.

3. ive forgotten how to add delay to LFO (not fade in)

4. If i want to specify a single wavform from an osc, what constant do i need for each waveform? ie, if i want to have 4 waveforms from "one" osc, with volume control for each one (i know id need 4 osc with each waveform seperated)

5. if i click on a module, it would be handy if, in the Param Props, it listed what it was/type, if the name has been changed to something else

Many thanks

seafire wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:49 pm 1. right click/Help on a module doesnt work. Be handy if a help file came up with the basics for that module. Help on main menu doesnt work either
I had the same problem here but testing again I see that the Help files have by now miraculously reappeared. :party:

seafire wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:49 pm 4. If i want to specify a single wavform from an osc, what constant do i need for each waveform? ie, if i want to have 4 waveforms from "one" osc, with volume control for each one (i know id need 4 osc with each waveform seperated)
Do: Insert > GUI > Popup Menu

That only shows all the waveforms from the main out. If I select one of the other boxes, nothing is displayed in the box on gui.

I assume each box is for each waveform?

You have to make your choice of wave form on the GUI itself. I will make a screenshot to show it...

waveform.png

I don't want anything on the gui. I want to send a value to the osc that picks a certain waveform, and that is its only output.

This is for the VA osc, not LFO btw.

I don't know if that's possible. So we better wait what Kirsty has to say about it.

seafire wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:49 pm hope its ok to ask here....

couple of points

1. right click/Help on a module doesnt work. Be handy if a help file came up with the basics for that module. Help on main menu doesnt work either

2. Not quite sure what level in LFO is doing, read it serveral times but cant grasp it, yet.

3. ive forgotten how to add delay to LFO (not fade in)

4. If i want to specify a single wavform from an osc, what constant do i need for each waveform? ie, if i want to have 4 waveforms from "one" osc, with volume control for each one (i know id need 4 osc with each waveform seperated)

5. if i click on a module, it would be handy if, in the Param Props, it listed what it was/type, if the name has been changed to something else

Many thanks
1. Fixed in next update.

2. It sets the output level of the waveform. Saves adding a Mul Module + knob after it.

3. I've got a Monostable Module on my todo list.
But its a nice idea. I think I will add a delay + fade in directly into the LFO.

4. Unless I've got this wrong...
- Use the Popup Menu parameter to set the waveform you want.
- Make the GUI Editor window full size.
- Move the GUI Popup Menu Selector to the bottom of the screen.
- Resize the Gui Editor to the size you want your plugin to look like.
- When built you will not see these Popup Menu Selectors but the host will still have access to them for program change messages.
Hiding Parameters on the GUI.zip
5. Another nice idea. I've changed the Module properties section header to display the type of object being edited, regardless of the variable name you assign to it.

Hope this helps
Kirsty :)

seafire wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:59 pm That only shows all the waveforms from the main out. If I select one of the other boxes, nothing is displayed in the box on gui.

I assume each box is for each waveform?
The main box (the only one visible when the Param Module is shrunk) acts as the master and is populated with the popup menu options of whatever its connected to.
The other boxes (the ones in a horizontal row visible then the Param Module is expanded) are all 'clones' of the main box.
That way you only need one Popup Menu Parameter to simultaneously change all the voices in a polyphonic setup to the same waveform.

Kirsty

Return to “Modular Synthesis”