ATONE : Custom Channel Strip by Analog Obsession

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ATONE

A Channel Strip with A-Type EQ, Filters and 436 style Compressor

It has lots of capabilities for tone shaping with its own custom design and internal routing.

There is no line or mic preamp as an input module but INPUT knob will drive EQ circuit's Gain Trim to get nasty op-amp saturation.

Compressor section based on 436c with extra modifications. Compressor has AMOUNT knob to compression and make-up gain. So, it will be gain compensated.

FEATURES

- INPUT: It will control EQ circuit's Gain Trim to overload op-amp and get saturation

- HPF & LPF: A-Type filters. HPF 20Hz to 600Hz. LPF 20kHz to 500Hz

- EQUALIZER: A-Type 3 band inductor based eq

- COMPRESSOR: 436c style compressor with modified attack and release times. Also, AMOUNT knob will adjust compression amount and make-up gain at the same time.

- OUTPUT: Clean master volume control

- SYSTEM: This will bypass whole plug-in. Also, each modules have their own bypass buttons. EQ section's bypass won't bypass INPUT knob. Only bands will be bypassed independently. So, you can still use saturation.

Resizable interface. Simple "Bottom Right Corner Handle" to resize. 50% to 200%.

*Resizing Tip: When you duplicate plug-in, it will remember current state of GUI size. But if you load new instance, it will be opened at default size. To get rid of this issue, simply follow these steps;

1. Open plug-in for the first time

2. Resize GUI according to your screen resolution or you liking before setting any knobs

3. Save this state as default preset with your DAW

Now, you will be able to load new instances with same size.

(If you want to go default size, simply double click to resize handle.)

Version 1.0 - 16.4.2024

Available Formats

VST3 / AU / AAX Native - Audiosuite | Mac 10.11 or Higher | Intel / Apple Silicon

VST3 / AAX Native - Audiosuite | Windows 10 - 11

Mac Versions require a graphic card that supports “Metal”

Windows Versions require a graphic card that supports “OpenGL”

DOWNLOAD
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Wow! This is a fantastic release!!!

I also noticed that this is one of your few plugins that work correctly at much higher sampling rates. Well done!

The only thing missing is a dry/wet mix for the compressor, but is no problem for me personally as I'm a Reaper user.. but I think other people might be missing the feature. This compressor is superb in parallel so it's probably worth adding at some point.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Thank you, Analog Obsession!

bmanic wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:33 pm Wow! This is a fantastic release!!!

I also noticed that this is one of your few plugins that work correctly at much higher sampling rates. Well done!

The only thing missing is a dry/wet mix for the compressor, but is no problem for me personally as I'm a Reaper user.. but I think other people might be missing the feature. This compressor is superb in parallel so it's probably worth adding at some point.
Hi!

Thanks for your words!

I wanted to add MIX knob for compressor but internal routing is really complex with this plugin and it was causing some phase issues. So, I decided to keep it without MIX knob.

Best
https://www.patreon.com/analogobsession Support for free VST3, AU, AAX for WIN & MAC

Sweet!

It is a nice one indeed. I like your channelstrips (like Frank CS, Channev).
One feature request : I wish I could change the rounting and put the eq after the compressor. Do you think it would be possible in a future update?

sinkmusic wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:25 am It is a nice one indeed. I like your channelstrips (like Frank CS, Channev).
One feature request : I wish I could change the rounting and put the eq after the compressor. Do you think it would be possible in a future update?
For now you can probably afford to run 2 instances and activate the EQ / compressor parts the way you see fit :D
For me to qualify for a channel strip I'd like a gate added. But again, those are around too.
Thanks Analog Obsession !

Thanks, Analog Obsession!
Any chance we'll see a CLAP version?

This one is really good! Don't sleep on this one people. The saturation is extremely smooth and nice. Once you really hear it you're already into very heavy clipping territory.

With ATONE you can extremely easily and naturally shave off peaks of things you want a bit less spiky while not changing the overall tonality at all. It's a great plugin!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Sure , but for how long ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Great name for a channel strip plugin :tu:

Subtlety is ---> sublimity

Original
Integrated Loudness 24.4dB / True Peak 10.4dB

Processed
Integrated Loudness 24.4dB / True Peak 14.1dB

:tu:

I have no idea what an A type EQ is, but this looks cool, thanks

hotmitts wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:40 pm I have no idea what an A type EQ is, but this looks cool, thanks
It's an old Altec eq.
https://reverb.com/fr/item/10485948-vin ... 301-pultec
https://www.retrosonic.shop/product/alt ... compressor

Return to “Effects”