TAL-Drum (v2.3.3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Drum

There is something that is rather confusing in taldrum , is that slice markers are still shown when they are totally not necessary 
Take the following example .
Load a drumloop in pad one , go to slice mode and set it 8 
-Now click "apply to pads ' , the sample is now copied to the other 7 pads and the start-end adress of each sample  is adjusted (according to the slice position ) 
What's really confusing is that each pad still has slice markers embedded , which are totally not necessary anymore 
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:34 pm There is something that is rather confusing in taldrum , is that slice markers are still shown when they are totally not necessary 
Take the following example .
Load a drumloop in pad one , go to slice mode and set it 8 
-Now click "apply to pads ' , the sample is now copied to the other 7 pads and the start-end adress of each sample  is adjusted (according to the slice position ) 
What's really confusing is that each pad still has slice markers embedded , which are totally not necessary anymore 
Every pad which got a slice refers to the same source loop and there's the same "slice-pattern" left in all these pads, right? That can be still necessary and is even mandatory when you want to drag this pattern as MIDI to your host DAW.

Do you guys think the follwoing is a bug ?
When a portion of a sample is set to loop mode ,(picture 1 ) ,
then when assigning  a modulation envelope, it should also loop between the loop start and end address but it doesnt' , the modulation envelope just plays through the end .
Eyeball exchanging

Forget about the previous post , it’s indeed better that the mod envelope remains uncoupled from the loop points
Eyeball exchanging

When using more than one sample on a pad, the pad overview still shows the first sample only as a waveform on that pad, instead of the waveform that results from the union of all samples on that pad. It would be great if this could be changed, as I find it very confusing right now when using lot's of layering.

fladd wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:23 pm When using more than one sample on a pad, the pad overview still shows the first sample only as a waveform on that pad, instead of the waveform that results from the union of all samples on that pad. It would be great if this could be changed, as I find it very confusing right now when using lot's of layering.
More precise, it just shows the selected sample as a waveform. For me, that makes sense, since all the above parameters affect only this selected sample-layer (map), unless you select more than one. But if such a multi-selection would be reflected in the waveform as well, this would be great indeed. Hope that's not too effortful to program something like this.
In addition, a quick way to select all layers at once would be a breeze!
To use the mapping-edit-features like pad-edit-features, if needed.

orbeater wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:52 pm
fladd wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:23 pm When using more than one sample on a pad, the pad overview still shows the first sample only as a waveform on that pad, instead of the waveform that results from the union of all samples on that pad. It would be great if this could be changed, as I find it very confusing right now when using lot's of layering.
More precise, it just shows the selected sample as a waveform. For me, that makes sense, since all the above parameters affect only this selected sample-layer (map), unless you select more than one. But if such a multi-selection would be reflected in the waveform as well, this would be great indeed. Hope that's not too effortful to program something like this.
In addition, a quick way to select all layers at once would be a breeze!
To use the mapping-edit-features like pad-edit-features, if needed.
For me it always shows the first sample. What I select in the edit screen does not affect which waveform is shown in the grid at all. This is on the newest version.

fladd wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 pm
For me it always shows the first sample. What I select in the edit screen does not affect which waveform is shown in the grid at all. This is on the newest version.

My bad, had overlooked that you meant the pad overview.
I wrote about the edit view.

What you wrote, i can confirm that behaviour and would like a change as you mean it as well.

Return to “Instruments”