PSP Audioware VST3-plugins don’t work properly

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Most irritating thing with the PSP plugins - which I have almost all of them - is, that you newer know how well the plugin VST3-version works.

Recently the Infinistrip VST3 version launch immediately crashed my DAW (Win11, Live 11).

Today I purchased the PSP Buspressor. The own preset save-function doesn’t work as described in the manual.

Pitty that otherwise great plugins - even the latests versions - have this kind of flaws.
The VST3 is a standard on these days.

Of course I have reported the PSP support.

Reportedly there’s currently a problem with PSPaudioware VST3 plugins running on Live (12?). You’re not alone. Hopefully PSPaudioware or Ableton fix this issue soon. :neutral:
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

Same in Bitwig. For a long time.

equisonus wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:01 pm Reportedly there’s currently a problem with PSPaudioware VST3 plugins running on Live (12?). You’re not alone. Hopefully PSPaudioware or Ableton fix this issue soon. :neutral:
What problem exactly? I have a few of them running as VST3 in Live 12 on macOS, and the only problem I have is that I have to click twice on a knob to make the GUI work. VintageWarmer was updated recently, though, and they finally fixed this bug. Others however, PianoVerb2 f.e., still have this issue.

But I can’t remember them ever crashing on me.

They’ve released a bunch of updates lately and so far it’s all working as expected in Cubase (vst3 windows). I have about 60% of their plugins and they are all ok but I have not tested in any other hosts. PSP usually respond quickly so fingers crossed.

nanostream wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:25 am What problem exactly?
The VST3 version of PSP E27 is crashing on my Live Suite 12 running on Windows 11. I’ve heard about other people complaining about crashes.
Monitors: HS7 / Mixing: Cubase Pro 13 / Mastering: WaveLab Pro 11.2 / Sound Design: Live 12 Suite

Gee seems to be the common denominator here is Live that did a pretty big overhaul of their plugin implementation (and 11 had plenty of issues on its own)..

All of PSP's stuff I own (which is quite a few) work just fine here in Cubase 13.

I‘ve reported 2022 these crashes to Ableton and PSP, but nobody of them feels responsible.
PSP comment they wanted to to address the issue last year, but nothing happened- they don’t know why they crash and have no solution. So I avoid to buy anything from PSP until they have fixed it.

There is another issue when using VST3 in Ableton (not the fault of PSP / plugin developers): plugins that have offline oversampling settings against aliasing will not apply these offline oversampling settings. Ableton cannot recognise their offline status (VST2 works fine though).

I’ve found Live 11 on Mac generally quite flaky with VST3s. Hard crashes not only with PSP, also e.g. Sonimus. Also things like automation parameters reported wrong, plug-in scanner crashing, presets issue. No doubt plug-ins partly to blame, but these things all work as VST3 in Cubase.

No problems here with my PSP VST3 plugins in Studio One on Mac (Apple Silicon) and Windows 10.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

delete (wrong thread)

seems like ableton does not answer support tickets concerning the vst3 issue wth psp (and other manufactturer´s) plugins.
according to pspaudioware-support ableton´s vst3-implementation is causing the issues.

Well, I guess Bitwigs VST3 support is also borked because PSP bugs out there too.

Unfortunately InfiniStrip VST3 crashes Ableton 11 and 12 on my system too. So I uninstalled the plugin although I like it. VST2 version works fine but I want to get rid of VST2. With other DAWs I didn't have this problem.

Return to “Effects”