MPE support public preview revision 15139 (ACE, Bazille, Diva, Hive)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

killmaster wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:22 pm So, in working with Bitwig, do we NOT set the Pitch Bend up and down to MPE?
Exactly.
Using the VST3 version in Bitwig, you set the per voice Pitch Bend range within Bitwig, and you set the global range in the plugin using the Pitch Bend up/down menu. By not setting it to MPE in the plugin, you can freely choose a global range.

As we noted in the general instructions, the best setup might vary depending on your DAW, your MPE controller and the plugin format you are using. You can always try out different settings if you are unsure, you won't break anything. :)
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:29 am
Exactly.
Using the VST3 version in Bitwig, you set the per voice Pitch Bend range within Bitwig, and you set the global range in the plugin using the Pitch Bend up/down menu. By not setting it to MPE in the plugin, you can freely choose a global range.

As we noted in the general instructions, the best setup might vary depending on your DAW, your MPE controller and the plugin format you are using. You can always try out different settings if you are unsure, you won't break anything. :)
Ok, thanks so much for the response. In my case I'm using a Seaboard and soon a Loom.

So I think my misundertsanding came from not realizing that Bitwig has a "PB range" parameter in the inspector. Would setting the pitch bend range in u-he plugins to "MPE"
hardwire the pitch bend to a constant? Or would it just set it to whatever that value was set at the incoming value set by the keyboard and filtered by Bitwig?

Good to know I can't break anything! but it's also not super easy sometimes to accurately hear what I'm doing.

Once I finally comprehend how this works, I think I'll make a flow chart to clarify :)

killmaster wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 am Would setting the pitch bend range in u-he plugins to "MPE"
hardwire the pitch bend to a constant?
Yes. If you set the plugin's Pitch Bend Up/Down to MPE when using the VST3, then the global range will be hardwired to +/- 2 semitones.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 pm
killmaster wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:55 am Would setting the pitch bend range in u-he plugins to "MPE"
hardwire the pitch bend to a constant?
Yes. If you set the plugin's Pitch Bend Up/Down to MPE when using the VST3, then the global range will be hardwired to +/- 2 semitones.
Thanks! That was the last piece to the puzzle for me, so appreciate it!

Urs wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:17 pm That said, we just added two more slots to Repro's ModMatrices, which are also urgently needed for MPE. And we did a lot of UI stuff. I guess this means we'll do a beta soon, even if without deep CLAP/PolyMod/MPE stuff.
It would be amazing to have two more modulation slots in Repro. I'm also curious about the UI stuff you mentioned. Hopefully this beta is coming soon. :tu: Is there any information on the current status?

Return to “u-he”