Chorus for Bass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bass Chorus BLEASS Chorus RP-AMOD Syntorus 2

The Main Event wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:15 pm Just create a send track, put an eq with low-cut and add any chorus plugin you like. Not so hard...
This would not be the same.
With a send and high pass filter, you would have : full original signal + affected high signal.
Whereas the author and most other users look for only low original signal + affected signal.

Basically with the send technique you'd still have your dry high signal in, and blending the chorus high signal on top would add wet high signal, also resulting in much more high signal than with a multiband cross type solution. I hope I make sense and that this might be useful.

The FX62 Bass Stereo Chorus was derived from the FX65 Stereo Chorus, but voiced for bass guitar with a longer delay time.
https://web.archive.org/web/20170114230 ... .net/fx62/

FX65
Specifications (1986): Input impedance = 500 k Ohms, Output impedance = 5 k Ohms; Maximum Input Level = 4V P-P; Gain = Unity; Delay Time = 2-6 ms; Speed = 0.2-6 Hz; Bandwidth = 40 Hz-16 kHz (dry), 90 Hz-12 kHz (delay)

Specifications (1987): Input impedance = 500 k Ohms, Output impedance = 1 k Ohms; Delay Time = 5-8 ms; Sweep Speed = 0.8-8 Hz; Bandwidth = 40 Hz-16 kHz

FX62
Specifications (1987): Input impedance = 500 k Ohms, Output impedance = 1 k Ohms; Delay Time = 10-16 ms; Sweep Speed = 0.8-8 Hz; Bandwidth = 40 Hz-16 kHz

Good news, everybody! MInimal Audio's Flex Chorus has a crossover and is perfect for bass.
https://www.minimal.audio/products/flex-chorus
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:55 pm
chagzuki wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:01 am Using kilohearts multipass allows for custom FX chains, and I frequently use it for high-passed chorus/ensemble FX.
Nice. That's $99 for Multipass and it comes with 6 snapins including chorus, right? In the end you would get a bass chorus plus a lot more.
Multipass doesn't have linear phase crossovers. So it will alter the the bass low end. And it has 6db filters. But yeah, with zero latency though...

Return to “Effects”