Who make the best ASIO driver?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RME by far.
jamcat wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:06 am But I mostly work on Mac now and everything is multiclient and runs stable at 32 samples latency at 96kHz with Core Audio. Most of the time for recording guitar I just plug in an iRig HD.
But what is the latency at 32 samples with core audio? I found it way worse than on ASIO back in the day, have no idea what/how it is these days. Core audio had some extra buffers and performed worse then, also with high CPU usage we ran out of juice faster with core audio vs. asio. This is also highlighted with cheap devices/drivers - when put to fex. 64 samples, the CPU usage rises higher even when idling.

Things might have changed. Just asking, no versus bs.

Can run 32 samples latency in 96 here too, without cpu usage rising much at all. RME AiO Pro with R7950X.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

enCiphered wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:42 am Did anyone realize that my hair has grown longer since this thread started?
Did anyone notice this thread was created with the sole intent to get access to Sell&Buys?
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:33 pm
enCiphered wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:42 am Did anyone realize that my hair has grown longer since this thread started?
Did anyone notice this thread was created with the sole intent to get access to Sell&Buys?
Oh snap! I knew that guy was hatching some tricky plans!

BertKoor wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:33 pm
aaaaaarggghhhhhh well at least we genuinely (and naively) tried to help

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:33 am
t3toooo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:29 am Do you realize that this Post is from 2011?
Do you realise that the thread was still ongoing as of today?
That's why I wrote "Post"
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

t3toooo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:36 pm That's why I wrote "Post"
Ah, in other words, you intended it as "Do you realize the post that started the thread with a wealth of information on the performance of audio interfaces, more than two hundred pages and the most recent post made today, is from 2011?" :tu:

t3toooo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:36 pm
t3toooo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:29 am Do you realize that this Post is from 2011?
Do you realize that even that Post was last updated December 2023, about two months ago :wink:

:roll:
https://dawbench.com/images/DAWbench%20 ... r-2023.pdf

Shame there's so much out of date information - all the Windows 7 (unsupported OS) stuff and the hardware no longer available new (I didn't check this bit) should go into an appendix or something. It would improve the value and useability of the document.
Last edited by pljones on Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

t3toooo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:36 pm
You pointed out the date of the first post in a thread because that thread was still ongoing and being updated with current information all the way up to today?
How very.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Another vote for RME. The hdspe+MultifaceII combo I've bought in 2009(!!!) still runs perfectly fine in 2024 on a Windows 10 system. It wasn't cheap back then, but worth every penny. Never had any issues with it.

For Windows, RME is solid. Steinberg too if you need a more budget-friendly interface.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

RME for sure. My 9632 runs rock solid to this day.
First and foremost: We need great songs (again)

Edit nvm someone posted a graph, case closed

- I had already said it
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”