Mirror - New 8-voice Synth from Moog!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aho! (Sorry, I've been watching Reservation Dogs)

Sounds thrilling! Kind of hard to determine the voice structure from that clip though.

Going to wait for a better quality sound example to make any judgements. Just wish Moog would reveal the specs and price, because it's no good for the majority of us that can't afford elite priced products.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 pm Going to wait for a better quality sound example to make any judgements. Just wish Moog would reveal the specs and price, because it's no good for the majority of us that can't afford elite priced products.
Yeah, if this costs more than $3,000 I really can't see a market for it. I realize that the (overpriced) 6-voice Sequential Prophet 6, OB6, and Trigon 6 keyboards all cost $3,500 and none of them includes a display. But still, $3,500 is a lot of money for a basic analog poly these days, especially when you can pick up a 16-voice Behringer UB-Xa for $1,200 that features polyphonic aftertouch.

Hallo Spaceboy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:25 pm
egbert101 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 pm Going to wait for a better quality sound example to make any judgements. Just wish Moog would reveal the specs and price, because it's no good for the majority of us that can't afford elite priced products.
Yeah, if this costs more than $3,000 I really can't see a market for it. I realize that the (overpriced) 6-voice Sequential Prophet 6, OB6, and Trigon 6 keyboards all cost $3,500 and none of them includes a display. But still, $3,500 is a lot of money for a basic analog poly these days, especially when you can pick up a 16-voice Behringer UB-Xa for $1,200 that features polyphonic aftertouch.
The Moog Muse is 8 voices and 61 keys so I cannot imagine it costing less than the P6, OB6 or Trigon and their 49 keys. Maybe $4500.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:58 pm The Moog Muse is 8 voices and 61 keys so I cannot imagine it costing less than the P6, OB6 or Trigon and their 49 keys. Maybe $4500.
if so, I'm out. I would rather spend another $500 and get a Groove Synthesis 3rd Wave keyboard and use that as my main keyboard controller. Of course the 3rd Wave and the Muse are apples and oranges. But I have room for only one more full-size keyboard.

Yeah, I'll be shocked if the Muse is under $4K. Not that I care - I'm perfectly happy with my NOT overpriced Prophet 6, OB-6, and Trigon 6.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

The construction of Muse looks similar to Matriarch.
ie: Doesn't have Aluminum Pitch and Mod Wheels like the Moog One (they look identical to those on Matriarch).
I expect it'll hit right about $5k.

If the Muse is significantly under $4k, that'll mean InMusic had it manufactured over seas.
I personally don't care where something is made... as long as quality is good.

When weighing all features, 3rd Wave isn't an inexpensive option... but it sounds very good, it's relatively easy to program, provides 24-voice polyphony, and is four-part multi-timbral.
While digital, for me... it's taking the place of what I hoped the MoogOne would be.
Almost a one-and-done... polyphonic synth.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”