Audio to MIDI and how to clean up with RC???

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all,

could need a little help and inspiration for the following problem.

I want to create melodies from songs I like. I have the following tools I use for this process:
- CUBASE Artist 13 - creates chord progression from AUDIO
- RipX - create VOCAL and GUITAR stems froM AUDIO
- NeuralNote - creates MIDI from AUDIO
- Rapid Composer 5
- Guitar Pro 7/8

NeuralNote creates MIDI that has to be cleaned up to be playable.
Can I use RapidComposers VARIATIONS on the track for cleaning up the MIDI?

NeuralNote details:
https://youtu.be/GyA1IGlBoOk

(P.S. I already tried it with Melodyne and VariAudio from CUBASE, too, but the question for RC of cleaning and optimizing the MIDI remains the same)
Best regards and keep on creating music,
-rockbandguy

Not really.. You would do best by just doing it manually, visually look at the midi, determine what is trash, etc. My experience with this has been using Melodyne and it has the ability to filter out notes during the edit by dragging a bar down from the top or up from the bottom to eliminate those in that range, then it was a matter of finding the good notes in play back.

Thx @BluGenes.
But how would You approach a cleanup with the RC tools, esp. Variations like Add Chord Notes, Add Interval, Adjust Note Lengths, Apply Rhythm, Audio Gain, Delay Notes, Double Note, Double Phrase,
Expression, Extract Rhythm, Humanize, Join Notes, Limit Note Range, MIDI Echo, Make Monophonic, Mirror Horizontally, Mirror Vertically, Permute Chord Notes, Quantize, Remove Note, Remove Short Notes, Rests, Rotate Notes, Simplify Phrase, Spread Out Chord Notes, Staccato-Legato, Strumming, Swap Chord Notes, Swing, Transpose, Triple Phrase, Velocity, Velocity Generator
-rockbandguy

I wouldn't use RC to clean up the midi.. The way I would do it is load the midi into a DAW, then start looking for the trash.

How do You get the melody or the lead guitar out of this "trash"?
When there are several layers of guitar in the track...

Are there best practices to tackle this task?
For someone who is quite unexperienced...
-rockbandguy

Here is the MIDI I created with NeuralNote. When played in the DAW it sounds OK, but it is not playable at the moment...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10_fRs4 ... sp=sharing
-rockbandguy

You should have tried to isolate what you want as much as possible, then, you just have to use your ear for the rest of it. It's a lot of work, unfortunately. For me, if it's to much, I figure out something else to do instead. I don't let an edit become a new hobby all on it's own, ya know.

Thanks for that, but, I don't have the time to do that right now.. good luck!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”