IKs MixBox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I picked this up a little over a month ago and am really loving it. So far, all of my most-used modules were in the SE version I already had, but this could easily change as I try out some other modules as time goes on.

Does anybody know what the reverb algorithms are modeled from? Are they from any other IK plugins? I'm kinda curious, but there's very little written for each module's description.

Edit: I just had a look at T-RackS, and I guess it's the Classic Studio Reverb modules from there.

concealed identity wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:14 am I picked this up a little over a month ago and am really loving it. So far, all of my most-used modules were in the SE version I already had, but this could easily change as I try out some other modules as time goes on.

Does anybody know what the reverb algorithms are modeled from? Are they from any other IK plugins? I'm kinda curious, but there's very little written for each module's description.

Edit: I just had a look at T-RackS, and I guess it's the Classic Studio Reverb modules from there.
Actually, I believe the versions in Mixbox have been refined a little. Though Ive seen no update to T-Racks over the years to being them up to speed. Perhaps that'll be part of the next major update

For the money I spent on the full mix box and Sunset Sound reverb, I felt like I got a good deal --thing sounds great.

Bobbyj8866 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:16 am For the money I spent on the full mix box and Sunset Sound reverb, I felt like I got a good deal --thing sounds great.
Its a great sounding reverb.

Seeing there is a sale on MixBox now reminded me that I already own it so I thought I'd give it some time today. One thing that sets my OCD to screaming is the EQ's are upside down. Low frequency on the top High frequency on the bottom. Not impossible to use by any means but drives me nuts. :?

Mixbox.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

simon.a.billington wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:56 am
concealed identity wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:14 am Edit: I just had a look at T-RackS, and I guess it's the Classic Studio Reverb modules from there.
Actually, I believe the versions in Mixbox have been refined a little.
I doubt that tbh since these algos where coded by Martin Lind way before he founded Relab.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

There are four all-new reverb algorithms. It states this on the MixBox web page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox

Teksonik wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 pm Seeing there is a sale on MixBox now reminded me that I already own it so I thought I'd give it some time today. One thing that sets my OCD to screaming is the EQ's are upside down. Low frequency on the top High frequency on the bottom. Not impossible to use by any means but drives me nuts. :?

Mixbox.png
Yeah, wtf 😳

MixBox was my dream after having to load a ton of individual TRacks plugs. It’s pretty slick and well worth $30 imo

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:14 am There are four all-new reverb algorithms. It states this on the MixBox web page at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox
I believe IK Mixbox is fantastic and can get used a lot.
I am not a pro so won't say it rivals the expensive plugins for sound, but value for money is undoubtedly unbeatable.
On synths, drums, vocals, guitars, master bus, anything, for any genre, it does so much!

The only downsides of Mixbox I see :
- lacks dry/wet automation for individual modules !! (crying over this, can't automate parallel mixing)
- it needs midi learn, especially for the wah pedal, the fantastic filters..

I think IK have a really great product there that could keep growing provided UX and other areas are developed with user feedback in mind ! (I did post on the IK forum)

paramita123 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:42 am
The only downsides of Mixbox I see :
- lacks dry/wet automation for individual modules !! (crying over this, can't automate parallel mixing)
- it needs midi learn, especially for the wah pedal, the fantastic filters..

I think IK have a really great product there that could keep growing provided UX and other areas are developed with user feedback in mind ! (I did post on the IK forum)
Pretty much everything in Mixbox already exists in a more fully featured version in another IK product

I have pretty much everything IK offers. I think the beauty of Mixbox is it's simplicity

Mixbox also works quite well for me as a "pre" Amp stage, let's say before Tonex.
Compressor, Pre-amp, overdrive, distortion. It loads quick and otherwise I would have to load multiple plugins with less flexibility.
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

For $40 it is a real bargain, the blue chorus is excellent !
**dark music for dark lovers**

Teksonik wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 pm One thing that sets my OCD to screaming is the EQ's are upside down. Low frequency on the top High frequency on the bottom. Not impossible to use by any means but drives me nuts. :?
I posted this in June 2021 at gearspace:
Look at the new EQ-PA. At first I thought that was a good thing, but now it's inconsistent, because the other channel strips/equalizers are still 'upside down'.
Almost three years later this hasn't changed. :neutral:

Bobbyj8866 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:16 am For the money I spent on the full mix box and Sunset Sound reverb, I felt like I got a good deal --thing sounds great.
Yep, imo Mixbox is a great package for the price of just $29-$30 (which it is often on sale for). Loads quite a bit faster than Guitar Rig 6 for me. But these two are the FX racks I use. Very convenient to build an FX chain quickly vs separate plugins loading on a channel in Logic.

Return to “Effects”