Should I buy a DAW or use AI to make my music?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seismic1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:36 pm
seafire wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:02 am
BONES wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:00 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U57R_icuOg
Jesus... :scared:
Personal?
:clap:
this deserved more.

The AI made me do it. :(

It works the other way around - you make the AI do stuff.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:30 am It works the other way around - you make the AI do stuff.
That's yesterday's AI.

Today's AI is another breed.

The interest of art in general (not only music) is to share part of our life experiences with other people. AI will never be able to do that, until they get really conscious of themself (that may never occurs). It's always possible to make "something" cool or enjoyable, but it won't be YOU. And when you make art, art also "makes" you, there is a transformative process that goes both sides. The money is far less valuable than what you learn doing art.

How will AI make your music?

PatPacket wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:11 am How will AI make your music?
Yes and also listen to it.

if we ever get to the true singularity of artificial intelligence, it will be replying to most prompts for music with

"i can solve any known equation, and many unknown too, i could eliminate disease and hunger, end war, give humanity peace and happiness, and you want me to create a 3 minute pop song?"

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:21 pm if we ever get to the true singularity of artificial intelligence, it will be replying to most prompts for music with

"i can solve any known equation, and many unknown too, i could eliminate disease and hunger, end war, give humanity peace and happiness, and you want me to create a 3 minute pop song?"
And just how do you think we eliminate disease and hunger, end war, give humanity peace and happiness?

Clearly you have never seen Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:21 pm if we ever get to the true singularity of artificial intelligence, it will be replying to most prompts for music with

:lol: :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

gigipanda wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:22 pm The interest of art in general (not only music) is to share part of our life experiences with other people. AI will never be able to do that, until they get really conscious of themself (that may never occurs). It's always possible to make "something" cool or enjoyable, but it won't be YOU. And when you make art, art also "makes" you, there is a transformative process that goes both sides. The money is far less valuable than what you learn doing art.
Yes exactly - the whole AI idea is just unbelievably stupid for the most part of it.

If we push the envelope far enough at some point it stops to matter (to ourselves) whether we are even alive or not.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jamcat wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:38 pm

And just how do you think we eliminate disease and hunger, end war, give humanity peace and happiness?
wipe out 99% of humanity.
leaving one small colony, in each continent.

42-1.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:35 pm 42-1.gif
ai asks "how the f**k did these hairless apes create us? some of them are pissing in gloves for health benefits. unplug me now"

"No... I want you to create a series of 3-minute pop songs, upload them to all the major streaming platforms, post comments of praise for the music on every relevant online forum, promote and market the music till it brings me great fame and fortune. Start investing some of the profits in the stock market, and tech startups, using the latest in AI investment algorithms. Then, I'll be buying you a ton of computer upgrades, and network you with some of the sexiest computer hardware in existence, while I buy myself at least two of every known synthesizer on Earth. Together, we'll rule the known universe."

I mean, I gotta find SOME WAY to fund my synthesizer addiction! :hihi:
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”