Can A.I be used to edit audio for sample libarys?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello KVR pepz its been a a while :)

I'm about to embark on a project that includes editting 1000s of recorded audio takes into one hit drum kits. I have had a look around "the google" but can not seem to find much info on using A.I or Algorythms to chop up samples. Loads of stuff around with all bells and wistles but I'm just looking for something that will save me time in processing my workload thats cost effective.

I thankyou all for taking the time to read this.
Much love,
QTrax

qtrax wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:18 pm I'm about to embark on a project that includes editting 1000s of recorded audio takes into one hit drum kits.
You don't need AI for this type of problem. The perfect utility has been made for that already, but sorry to say you're 6 years too late:
https://web.archive.org/web/20170622191 ... knife.html
that page is now offline.

I'd say that for example a seasoned Python programmer should be able to bash out something just like this in a week or so. Simple matter of programming: find the silence, chop the rest out.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Session 2 Wav (Windows and Mac) by Björn Bojahr is a full functional freeware app, should do the trick to a good degree and is up to date. :wink:

https://www.bjoernbojahr.de/session-2-wav.html

Zynaptiq Myriad

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Looking like some great solutions. I hate the idea of using algrorythms for creative stuff but using it to do the leg work is a no brainer.

AI does not exist. It’s a marketing term, so broad to be utterly meaningless

AI is text based so no. It's also a glorified web browser and Spell Check that talks back. Oh, it can pester a friend to do art.

I was wondering the same thing, for a couple of reasons with my new Musio libraries.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Geometrid wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:06 pm AI does not exist. It’s a marketing term, so broad to be utterly meaningless
ChatGPT says you don't exist, so there. :D

Geometrid wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:06 pm AI does not exist. It’s a marketing term, so broad to be utterly meaningless
Actually, yeah, pretty much. Machine "learning" (statistical analysis of patterns) might be the closest, but most of it is is just decision making decided by the programmers (for better or worse).

Now, artificial stupidity (AS), that's real. :ud:

rj0 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:45 am Now, artificial stupidity (AS), that's real. :ud:
For an AI to truely pass the Turing test, it has to show some aspects of stupidity indeed.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:28 am
rj0 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:45 am Now, artificial stupidity (AS), that's real. :ud:
For an AI to truely pass the Turing test, it has to show some aspects of stupidity indeed.
Truly, as many older (and newer) programs, clearly written by humans, have had me asking "What was the programmer smoking when he/she decided to do it 'that' way?". :smack:

Bombadil wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:21 am I was wondering the same thing, for a couple of reasons with my new Musio libraries.
You’re looking for batch processing.

So called “AI” for audio editing doesn’t seem to exist as a consumer level product, but this is exactly the use case it should be applied to.

I used to use the predecessor to Myriad (now owned/still supported by Zynaptic), which seems could be possible to get the same results without Myriad by using apple scripting instead? So I’ve heard, but haven’t tried.

In Myriad, you can select different modules (scripts) and run them in series to get your result, so for example, a 5 minute recorded take of audio, it could slice and export at thresholds you determine, or it could even process each slice with a certain effect, or apply changes in loudness… whatever you need, it can batch process to a super fast workflow.

Me thinks that Sound Forge can do this sort of batch processing, too.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”