How good are Hornet Plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is something to be said about HorNet plugins; the VU meter has been so useful for me. Certainly in my top 5 essential plugins. So, I give HorNet my attention.

bad experience with 1 plugin, rude reaction. never looked at them again.

From my own experience it has been good. Great plugins for the price. There was one time a plugin update caused it to crash and become unusable. I reached out to support and they apologized and kindly offered me the previous version while they made a fix. All was fixed in less than a week.

Try before you buy, and you'll find Hornet offers:
- good, affordable alternatives to plugins that are way more expensive
- a few unique plugins (like HATEFISh RhyGenerator)

Just tried to manual level match a duplicate track to VU Meter Mk4 on a drum loop. The difference was -4.6dB, I entered this manually on the duplicate track and flipped the phase. It didn't completely null (2 bus boosted to 24dB). Any thoughts? dB gain rounded up or down?
VUmeter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Noodlist wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 pm Just tried to manual level match a duplicate track to VU Meter Mk4 on a drum loop. The difference was -4.6dB, I entered this manually on the duplicate track and flipped the phase. It didn't completely null (2 bus boosted to 24dB). Any thoughts? dB gain rounded up or down?
VUmeter.jpg
If it's a VU meter it won't track peaks all that well. Still, I would expect it to null nonetheless. Dunno?

I own most of their plugins and the sonic quality of their plugins is just as good as the competition. The UI on their plugins are simple and light on the CPU. Saverio and his team always responds in a timely manner when I've asked questions. Their sales are great because they eliminate all hesitation of buying. Some of the sales introduced me to great plugins like the meters and audio leveling plugins. I see no harm in owning another compressor, eq, or tape saturation plugin. Plus there's no hassle activating and deactivating licenses. Just login on the installer and install. Also, all their plugins, AFAIK, are VST3. So, they work with all my production software.
...and the electron responded, "what wall?"

Used to be top. Last releases were bugged. Sleek was unusable in’FL Studio until latest update. Need some work rethinking the GUI.

I bought a couple dozen of them over the holidays last year as I came across some compelling low prices so I figured I'd test them out. Unfortunately there's not one of them I ended up using. In the least worrisome cases I found them lackluster sonically or not unique enough compared to other tools I already had. In worse cases I had some of them completely (and repeatedly) crash sessions, completely freak out or exhibit weird bugs and behaviors. I kept them installed for a while monitoring updates and such and while some were released, nothing that altered my feelings about the product. I'm not trying to speak ill of anyone's work but that's my personal experience with these.

ampetrosillo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:29 pm If it's a VU meter it won't track peaks all that well. Still, I would expect it to null nonetheless. Dunno?
It wasn't scientific, maybe someone one with a better understanding of these topics might be able to give us a solid conclusion. Might the cumulative effect of the gain from VUMeter MK4 add up? The automatic gain does not null to the equivalent manual gain adjustment on a duplicate track. Is it rounded to 1DP?

The Noodlist wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:43 pm Just tried to manual level match a duplicate track to VU Meter Mk4 on a drum loop. The difference was -4.6dB, I entered this manually on the duplicate track and flipped the phase. It didn't completely null (2 bus boosted to 24dB). Any thoughts? dB gain rounded up or down?
VUmeter.jpg
it may be, the display in the VU meter is rounded to 0.1 dB but internally it goes to full 64bit resolution, when nulled the residual it should not be enough to worry but if you want absolute precision I suggest you freeze the track after applying the VU meter to free up cpu instead of relying on the info shown on the UI which is rounded.

Saverio

Bought VHS under a heavy discount. It doesn't work properly in REAPER, and mutes the output.
Reported and so far it hasn't been fixed - yet?

I want to support devs like him but I'd like their product to be working even if purchased on sale... :)

- Mario

Hi could you please open a support ticket? we already had this issue and we thought to have fixed it in the latest update so if it come back it must be something else. As far as we know it only happens on some DAWs on Windows. Also, is VHS on the reaper monitor FX chain or on the master bus?

Could you please confirm?

thank you
Saverio
mabian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:16 pm Bought VHS under a heavy discount. It doesn't work properly in REAPER, and mutes the output.

I want to support devs like him but I'd like their product to be working even if purchased on sale... :)

- Mario

HoRNet wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:12 am Hi could you please open a support ticket? we already had this issue and we thought to have fixed it in the latest update so if it come back it must be something else. As far as we know it only happens on some DAWs on Windows. Also, is VHS on the reaper monitor FX chain or on the master bus?

Could you please confirm?

thank you
Saverio
mabian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:16 pm Bought VHS under a heavy discount. It doesn't work properly in REAPER, and mutes the output.

- Mario
Hello, I already opened this thread on KVR, as of 1.4.1 (I understand it's the latest one) the problem is still there, in REAPER 7 Windows x64, using VHS in REAPER monitoring fx chain.

viewtopic.php?t=602029

Doesn't this count as support ticket?

Thanks,
Mario

mabian wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 pm Doesn't this count as support ticket?
If they have a support ticketing system (which they do) then anything outside of that system wouldn't be counted as a support ticket any more than one of their support tickets would count as a post on KvR.

https://www.hornetplugins.com/support/s ... t-request/
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Return to “Effects”