Tracktion Waveform 13

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:24 pm
bungle wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:01 am the UI colouring is horrible.
The new UI color options in WF 13 are a great feature and have allowed me to construct a personal theme that is perfectly comfortable and completely pleasing to my eyes. :tu:
Yeah the UI is probably what I like most about Waveform and version 13 just gives more options to customize it. Obviously the "look" of software is very subjective but I actually think Waveform has my current favorite among modern DAW's. Its very clean and smooth.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

So what changed about the UI customising from 12.5 to 13, people keep saying this, did I download a bad v13, because the only difference is that you can save the colouring as a preset, the customisation is horrible in Tracktion and needs a complete overhaul, having some random algo decide what colour you want the fonts based on background is absolutely terrible.
Just have a list of UI items and let the user colour them, simpler and way way way better.
It is one of the main things stopping me from actually using Tracktion, it is so hard to use after a while because things that should be light grey are glaring white etc.
Really poor design.
Duh

bungle wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:43 pm So what changed about the UI customising from 12.5 to 13, people keep saying this, did I download a bad v13, because the only difference is that you can save the colouring as a preset, the customisation is horrible in Tracktion and needs a complete overhaul, having some random algo decide what colour you want the fonts based on background is absolutely terrible.
Just have a list of UI items and let the user colour them, simpler and way way way better.
It is one of the main things stopping me from actually using Tracktion, it is so hard to use after a while because things that should be light grey are glaring white etc.
Really poor design.
Interesting. I think Waveform has one of the best, if not the best overall, DAW UX.

jjpscott01 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:46 pm I worked all day in Waveform 13 both Friday and Saturday and I have to say... This is the most stable Tracktion/Waveform has been for me maybe ever. It's funny I don't even have much need for the new features personally but I'm so happy to have the software working without issues that I'm more than satisfied with this release. Seems like a lot of work was done under the hood. Well done on this one Tracktion team!
I’d upgrade to 13 and probably switch back to using it as my go to DAW if it had buffer underrun protection like other DAWs do now. It can’t do nearly as much with low latency as Studio One can so I stopped using it.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:42 pm
I’d upgrade to 13 and probably switch back to using it as my go to DAW if it had buffer underrun protection like other DAWs do now. It can’t do nearly as much with low latency as Studio One can so I stopped using it.
Could you elucidate what the actual problem you have is with Waveform latency?

I own Studio One Pro and Waveform 13 Pro, and have not noticed any real difference in the latency in Waveform.

dellboy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 pm

I own Studio One Pro and Waveform 13 Pro, and have not noticed any real difference in the latency in Waveform.
See this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=608823
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:13 pm

See this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=608823
That’s the one.

Basically, I can leave my RME interface buffer at 32 in S1 and the buffer underrun on Medium and it handles many more plugins before drops occur than does Waveform. Have to increase the buffer size to get equivalent performance in Waveform.

Once you experience the difference this provides, you don’t want to go back.

See this thread:viewtopic.php?t=608823
Ah - ok - thanks. I guess it doesn't effect me because I use very few demanding fx.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:36 pm

Basically, I can leave my RME interface buffer at 32 in S1 and the buffer underrun on Medium and it handles many more plugins before drops occur than does Waveform. Have to increase the buffer size to get equivalent performance in Waveform.

Once you experience the difference this provides, you don’t want to go back.
Yes, I know what you mean, Studio One has got a fantastic audio engine. Its the only DAW that I can leave running and drop plugins in and out of, without a hiccup. It can also undo and redo recordings whithout having to stop the engine on my simple Ryzen 7 laptop. But I guess you are on a Mac?

dellboy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:52 am

See this thread:viewtopic.php?t=608823
Ah - ok - thanks. I guess it doesn't effect me because I use very few demanding fx.
It’s not an Impact just on software but hardware, too.
I’m using a PC

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”