Acoustic treatment

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello, please help me with an opinion, I have problems with the acoustic treatment of the room where I have the studio, the problem is the bass, if I listen to the music in the middle of the room, the bass is amplified and it is not understood correctly, it sounds crowded and the frequency increases from 120 hz below, if I stand in front of the monitors where I mix, it sounds perfect. I have a 6.cm phono absorbent sponge on the ceiling, 80/100 of the surface is covered, especially where I mix, the left side wall has a sofa with a sponge and canvas plus absorbent phono sponge. I have a 45 cm wide basstrap, from the ceiling to the floor. The room is 4/5 m. It is possible that the furniture, which is on the right wall, can affect the sound, or that I don't have a carpet on the floor, the floor is Laminate flooring, it should be because I live on the ground floor and I have a basement below. What could be the problem? are the genelec 8040 monitors too big for my room?
Feedback

I'm sorry, google doesn't translate well, I have basstrap in three corners of the room, in the corner without basstrap there is furniture on the whole wall

Opinion? Stay away from the middle of the room! Keep at the ideal position. Easy...
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

thank you for the answer, when I mix I stand at a distance of about 1.5m in front of the monitors forming an equal triangle between me and the monitors and the sound is fine but I wonder which is the real sound, the one I hear when I'm sitting next to the monitors or the one from room. ordinary people who listen to music do not have an acoustically treated room and maybe they are not sitting in front of the speakers, I wonder? is it not good to take into account what is heard at a greater distance from the monitors and choose a middle way?

Don’t over think it. Listen to your mix in a variety of spaces. If you stand in the corner of your room it’s going to sound different. In a pro studio, the mix will sound different from the couch in back than from the mix desk. No room is perfect.

Thanks for the reply

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”