How to "publish" a plugin?

Official support for: xsrdo.blogspot.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Isn't the dll-file alone enough for running an exported plugin? I'm getting warning messages from my plugin hosts that the Background.bmp and other elements of the GUI are not found. Are those not contained in the dll?

When you 'Build' the plugin SynthCraft creates a folder in the plugin path with the same name as the plugin and copies the graphics into it. Just distribute this folder with the plugin.dll
As SynthCraft gets more mature I'll add an option to create one *.dll file with all the graphics embedded.
Having an folder with the graphics in like this means I can test things out while it's still in beta without having to recompile a plugin.
It also allows end user skinning.

Good to know! Thanks. :)

Tried again. Apparently the build process uses a map Custom skins (in the Skins map) and results in a dll file plus a similarly titled map with GUI elements. Both the dll file and the similarly titled map with GUI elements needs to be supplied in the same place for the plugin to work. Is this correct...?

Yes.
The plugin simply loads it's skin from a folder in the same directory as the plugin.

OK - thanks. :)

Return to “XSRDO - SynthCraft”