Assign midi channel in Cubase

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is driving me nuts.

Generally I'm either playing shell voicings on one midi channel and melodies on another or running basslines on one channel and harmonies on another. It's how I write.

Not interested in keyboard splits. Don't want to assign different physical midi devices.
Want to assign a specific midi channel to a specific virtual instrument track and another one to another track

Help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Mike
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Cubase work like this, as I remember it from 2018 running 9.5
- midi channel, any, you can record on many midi channels on one track
- specific midi channel, only that one gets recorded
- if doing specific channel, fader to CC7 too, if midi track and not instrument track

And as I recall, set specific midi channel to a track recorded with many channels those are all sent on that chosen channel later.

But if this does no work to satisfaction you can look at midi plugins to filter midi channels, or change what is coming in realtime etc.
- and which instruments have monitor activated will get midi through and played

Unless instrument in questions are multipart, I would just do midi channel 1 on all, and activate monitor on those you want sounding as playing realtime.

You need to set each channels corresponding Input Filter. Setting the MIDI channel on the track itself is just for outbound data. Each channel has its own input filter, and by default a MIDI channel is set to receive on ANY incoming channel (I think). You need to set each tracks input filter to the MIDI channel you want it to receive.

MIDI sends / Transformer in Delete mode and just drop the none needed channels before the sending

and set the out channel (it's any on the pic) if needed
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Thanks.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”