VIDEO - Spectral Upwards compression

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In this video I show how you can use MDynamicsMB to do some upwards compression using the spectral crossover. I this this is a unique way to do upwards compression and it can be really useful. I hope you find it useful.

https://youtu.be/0uFz0_qLbm0

This is very cool, thanks for sharing!

Wow, never thought of this.
I have an unhealthy obsession with both upwards compression and spectral fx, and you've brought them both into the same technique :party:

I do wish we could do this in multiband (then you wouldn't have the problem with the highs being boosted), but this still looks useful.
Thanks!

(I still don't understand why the volume level crossover is called spectrum though... and the level crossover does something else :help: )

Nice one! I just used this in a mix to subtly bring forward the articulation of a clean bass guitar section (without also increasing the buildup of muddy frequencies) and it worked effortlessly. Thanks!

_al_ wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:52 pm Wow, never thought of this.
I have an unhealthy obsession with both upwards compression and spectral fx, and you've brought them both into the same technique :party:

I do wish we could do this in multiband (then you wouldn't have the problem with the highs being boosted), but this still looks useful.
Thanks!

(I still don't understand why the volume level crossover is called spectrum though... and the level crossover does something else :help: )
I think you can do it in multiband with MXXX

Frankie.T wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:36 am I think you can do it in multiband with MXXX
Yeah, for sure, I reckon.
I did actually think of that, but MXXX always gets a pass from me, unless it's essential (used it once lol)
I just find it too much hassle working with effects in there, cause I have to use the scroll bar to see a full GUI. Maybe I just need a bigger monitor, but everything really does feel really clumsy in there.

I do use MBDynamics inside patcher, so I can use delta function (invert) to solo the changes, so maybe I could have a go in there.
I'm already maxing my i7 though, so not sure I want to add more MB comps :dog:

Maybe I'll try it on a lighter track :?

Return to “MeldaProduction”