SampleTank 2.5.4 not working in S1 v 2.0.7 64bit (jBridged) - SOLVED

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks guys, will do (the aforementioned steps + contact support),
it's been rough lately but I'll have time to deal with it soon :)

Cheers,

K

Feel free to PM me the ticket number so I can follow along as well. :)
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

it works now - I had to reinstall it with admin privileges. Easy.

I feel stupid now :) but at least it works now wohooo :)

For folks that have ST working with jBridge, does it run well?

dwozzle wrote:For folks that have ST working with jBridge, does it run well?
I was using it for awhile. It worked ok, but eventually I got tired of the hangups, sometimes it wouldn't load the instruments, and bugs in general. It wasn't terrible, just more like an annoyance where it wasn't worth using it anymore.

dwozzle wrote:For folks that have ST working with jBridge, does it run well?
I typically get crashes inside Live 9 when using the j-bridged ST 2.5. I forget the error code (I think 15 or 19) and have basically given up on ST as a result and haven't tried it in S1, X2 or C6.

However; using it stand alone via virtual midi generally does not give me problems, piping back to Live via virtual midi cables.

For virtual midi cable I use this instead of LoopB1 (not to say LoopB1 is not good, but rather to say here is another choice):
http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

Tobias' rpt MIDI is also great for running MIDI over LAN:
http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Thanks, will investigate.

ragevicious wrote: Than open your 32plug-in in standalone as a separate Application.
how you do this? i mean you have a plugin and maybe a standalone then thats not a problem. most of the time you only have the .dll

savihost or something or?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

For those still having problems, I found that modifying the j bridge settings can make a big difference. For example, there is a specific setting to fix the "Opcode 19 Error". You can play around with these yourself or e-mail the dev. He is very helpful.

LAGinz wrote:For those still having problems, I found that modifying the j bridge settings can make a big difference. For example, there is a specific setting to fix the "Opcode 19 Error". You can play around with these yourself or e-mail the dev. He is very helpful.
Yeh the Opcode 19 Error fix made a heck of a difference for me also ... still get occasional hang-ups though (I just have to phase out using ST2)

murnau wrote:
ragevicious wrote: Than open your 32plug-in in standalone as a separate Application.
how you do this? i mean you have a plugin and maybe a standalone then thats not a problem. most of the time you only have the .dll

savihost or something or?
ST, Miroslav, SampleMoog and SonicSynth all have stand alone versions murnau. You should find the shortcuts under your program manager.

These are separate from the dll vst's that get scanned by your daw.

If a plug is vst only then you would have to use a host (like savihost) but then if your host is 64 bit it likely won't load the dll (like Live 9) unless it is wrapped with something like jbridge. Some, like Sonar, uses its own bridging system so the 64 bit version will load the 32 bit dll (most anyway).

Studio One is not one of those. If you want to use 32 bit plugs in the 64 bit version of S1 then you have to use a wrapper. Otherwise it's 64 bit only. As you [likely]know, if you use 32 bit S1 then you can't load 64 bit vst's (unless they are bridged).

In my mind that's when the problems start and the fun ends (using bridging). Even though jBridge is a great product, and the dev is very responsive, some plugs just don't want to cooperate.

IK products are of that breed (on my system). They just don't seem to want to cooperate with jBridge. And truthfully, I don't want to spend the time trying to make something work since I have so many others that do so straight away and have limited opportunity to make the music. I'd rather make my tunes than deal with the technology.

My experience with Ik's products tells me time to move on and forget about it, like don1thedon. But that's another chapter for a different thread :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Ironically, Sampletank and the other 32b VIs were working fine for me.
It is the 64 bit Amplitube3/ T-RackS Grand ,effects that have proven to be something that will never work on my system.

Been dealing with support for a month now, jumped through every hoop and point by point instruction to no avail. My last email to them was four days ago, them seem to have gone silent on me.

Yes, I install under Admin Priv and have gone as far as installing a new drive with a fresh install of the OS and DAW. Only to come up with the exact same results each time. Amplitube3 and T-RackS crash before they open in stand-alone (Yes, I have them set up to run as admin). They also stop the VST scan from working in the DAW (Sonar X3).
The error reports are mostly dues to the app crashing because of the vpa/vpa64 file. Under the VST scan, it shows the same and also shows as a 'Main Call' problem.

After taking out that drive and putting the old one in again so I could continue to work without re-installing everything, it now says the VIs that were working suddenly can't find their needed xrs files. Which means at least doing a re-install of them (without A3 or T-RackS, since that has been nothing but a losing proposition.)
This has been more time consuming than anything I've had (right up there with Spectrasonics Atmosphere).

BBFG# - I've sort of been following your dilemna and it's got me curious;

Are these installs downloads from Ik or did you get disks?

The reason why I ask is typically Windows blocks downloads. If you do not unblock the download then things don't install properly.

I know you are a seasoned user and have lots of computer knowledge. This may be something you are unaware of though.

Check the properties of the installer exe. If it shows "Windows...blah blah blah....has blocked this file be sure to "Unblock" it before attempting to install.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

dsan@mail.com wrote:BBFG# - I've sort of been following your dilemna and it's got me curious;
Are these installs downloads from Ik or did you get disks?
The reason why I ask is typically Windows blocks downloads. If you do not unblock the download then things don't install properly.
I know you are a seasoned user and have lots of computer knowledge. This may be something you are unaware of though.
Check the properties of the installer exe. If it shows "Windows...blah blah blah....has blocked this file be sure to "Unblock" it before attempting to install.
HTH
Happy Musiking!
dsan
All the products are downloaded for current versions (I do have the disks for Total Workstation3 but the versions on it are all older, (something that it seems every company that gives disks do, making them pretty much worthless from the start).
Let me re-iterate, all the downloads of installers for the 32bit STXL/MSO/SS2/SM/ST work great. (Or at least they were until the xrs files disappeared the last time). I have no doubt that re-installing them will get them back working again, but doing so and getting the libraries installed takes a couple or more hours and I'm beginning to tire of this since it will be the fourth time doing so.

It is only the 64bit Amplitube3 and T-RackS Grand that doesn't follow suit. Custom Shop and the Authorization Manager open fine and seems to 'Restore Products' as it's suppose to. I can go to the folders and find everything that is suppose to be there. But the Stand-alones crash when trying to open them and the DAW VST scan stops working because of them.

It's not the downloads.

Dear BBFG.

Dunno the ANSWER to your prob., but I know a workaround cos I use it. If you install a spare copy of the software on an external hard drive (you won't be using it, bear with me!) then when files mysteriously vanish, you can just copy/paste them back into place from the external drive. I use that trick with a couple of my progs. that have mysteriously disappearing files in and I've never worked out why.

Yours respectfully

Chris.

Return to “Instruments”