Hive upgrade (presets)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

I'm about to upgrade from Hive 1.x to Hive 2.

I have a lot of presets made that work super in Hive 1.
If I upgrade, would they still work in Hive 2 ?
Or won't they be compatible with all the new features and updates, so the old presets won't sound the same anymore?

Another question, as shown in the manual, you can route from Filter 1 to Filter 2, but not the other way around. Why is there no arrow up? So it would all be in symmetry:

hive.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Get In Touch^^ Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....

If the filters could feed each other, wouldn’t this make a feedback loop? Most likely they are avoiding that situation.

bulevardi wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:42 am Hi all,
I have a lot of presets made that work super in Hive 1.
If I upgrade, would they still work in Hive 2 ?
Or won't they be compatible with all the new features and updates, so the old presets won't sound the same anymore?
They'll work, and sound identical.
Hive 2 is Hive 1 plus extra stuff.

I recommend you check that all your extra presets are in the USER presets area please, not at the top in the Factory Library area. And make a backup of the presets before any installation - nothing's going to happen but just for your own sake, make that a habit, back-up your stuff.

Cheers!
Viktor
u-he team

Viktor [TUC] wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:40 pm They'll work, and sound identical.
Hive 2 is Hive 1 plus extra stuff.
Alright, upgraded yesterday and tested. My old presets works fine in the new version!

When I open Hive in Reaper DAW, I get 2 options: VSTi and VST3
The VST3 launches Hive very well as it should, but the other option makes Reaper crash directly.
For if other users have the same issue, no worries, it works with 3.

I run it in Linux Mint, and it's always a bit testing, some plugins always have different versions (LV2, Clap, VST,..), there are always some that don't do the trick)

As design, I preferred the previous Hive1 skin, as it has darker colours. But that's just a detail.
Perhaps new skins will be there in the future ;)
Get In Touch^^ Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....

Return to “u-he”