Delay, again, 2024.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sonic Charge Echobode all the way
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

If someone wants to sell/trade his/her Echoboy:
viewtopic.php?t=609527

🤪 dem newfangled names
muki wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:04 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:20 pm Newfangled Reciprocate
hehe...nice one:

shouldn't it rather be "recirculate" ?

https://www.newfangledaudio.com/recirculate

Yeeesh. No love for D16 Repeater? I find that delay to be incredibly useful, incredibly clean, and easily quick to dial in exactly what I’m looking for. If it came with a ducking feature, I wouldn’t even use any other delay.

hightyde wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:08 pm Yeeesh. No love for D16 Repeater?

Totally - one of my GoTos....
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

If I have to live in 2024 can we merge Boz Digital's Imperial Delay and D16 Repeater? Pls. Thx.

Valhalla Delay fits the OP description best.

Not sure why some other people recommended more expensive delays, like Timeless 3 (with its awful UX for simple delay uses).

Some honorable mentions if they’re on sale: D16 Repeater, Replika XT.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm Valhalla Delay fits the OP description best.

Not sure why some other people recommended more expensive delays, like Timeless 3 (with its awful UX for simple delay uses).

Apparently the OP doesn't like Valhalla :nutter:
I'm with you on Timeless...I find most of their GUIs awful to use, but it seems to be a love or hate thing, nothing in-between.

Vallhalla delay all the way , which gives you a ton of models,
Old roland echo style mode
Hifi tape
Lofi tape
Bbd
Pitch shift
Reverse pitch shift
Frequency shift
Crystal clear modes
Phaser
and all have 3 age era settings , overdrive and a great diffussion tank in the feedback loop .
Best bang for the buck and exceptional quality
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

vitocorleone123 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm Valhalla Delay fits the OP description best.

Are we allowed to say we don't like Fabfilter?
In some areas of the internet, you'd be crucified for this!

I agree though, I dislike the UI - I don't like the UI of any of their products, I find their look uninspiring and too bland/corporate/work-like.. makes sense since they're so consistent with the overall aesthetic.

I understand they're products are technically great and used by many people all around the globe much more talented than me.
Still don't like the look.

Replika XT is fantastic. I prefer Comeback Kid (Baby Audio) as my 'main' delay but Replika XT is killer - super versatile, cool UI (imo), can get some awesome sounds out of it without much effort and it's got some great presets too which might help retain attention-spans while learning the product.

roman.i wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:39 pm Comeback kid - doesn't sound good, and preset manager is non-existing - basically an os window.
I love Comeback Kid and think it sounds great - I agree the preset manager is iffy, literally just opens up a windows browser lol.. but the plugin itself is killer.

Plenty of flexibility, I think it can sound pretty much however you want, dark delays, bright ones, tape saturation*, a little phaser, some reverb, lo pass, hi pass, ducking, plenty of timing options, "cheap" mode that gives it a little lo-fi vibe, "destiny" lets it randomise a little variation into the delays..

If you get bored someday, maybe give it another shot :P

It's really quick to work with since everything is visible with no menus so it makes a good workhorse delay imo.

*tape saturation is Comeback Kid's weakest aspect imo, adding too much introduces a pretty unpleasant high-end crackle/sizzle to the sound. I don't use the built in tape saturation.

muki wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:04 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:20 pm Newfangled Reciprocate
hehe...nice one:

shouldn't it rather be "recirculate" ?

https://www.newfangledaudio.com/recirculate
I was going to recommend this one too, and I paid a lot less than $50 for it when it came out recently, but it looks like the intro sale is over. Still, if you have other Eventide products, you may be able to get a discount.

Otherwise, ValhallaDelay is the best value for the money IMO.

Valhalla delay and minimal audio cluster delay are my favorites. Everything from minimal audio lately has been killing it.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

harddaysnight wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:12 am
roman.i wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:39 pm Comeback kid - doesn't sound good, and preset manager is non-existing - basically an os window.
I love Comeback Kid and think it sounds great - I agree the preset manager is iffy, literally just opens up a windows browser lol.. but the plugin itself is killer.

Plenty of flexibility, I think it can sound pretty much however you want, dark delays, bright ones, tape saturation*, a little phaser, some reverb, lo pass, hi pass, ducking, plenty of timing options, "cheap" mode that gives it a little lo-fi vibe, "destiny" lets it randomise a little variation into the delays..

If you get bored someday, maybe give it another shot :P

It's really quick to work with since everything is visible with no menus so it makes a good workhorse delay imo.

*tape saturation is Comeback Kid's weakest aspect imo, adding too much introduces a pretty unpleasant high-end crackle/sizzle to the sound. I don't use the built in tape saturation.
I agree about the tape saturation. Anytime I've used it, it's only been a very small amount in order to keep the crackle down.

My favorite part of Comeback Kid is being able to shape the transients in the repeats- making smooth smearing effects, or more sharp staccato sounds. Are there any other "simple" delay plugins that do this? I assume there are, but I haven't come across any.

Return to “Effects”