One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eauson wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:08 pm
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:22 pm That jazzy house broken beat track that you made and then deleted was amazing, hope you reupload - had a blast jamming to it with the infamous Roland Jazz Scat preset :lol:
I'll have to look into the vaults ;)
Which synth, do you remember !?
Good question, I'm pretty sure it was one of the very last ones before you deleted stuff, just before, during or after Synister?
Or was it FB-7999? Around that time.

BTW I hope you've found good herbs/methods (like acupuncture) for handling migraines?

I used to have that shit very frequently when I was young from age 6-12 so I know very well how awful it is: sensitive to light, vomitting etc.

But in my case having had migraines turned out in my favour… :wink:

When I was forced to go and do tests for military service, me being a pacifist who has never been in a fight (and never will be) or would even harm an insect, when seeing the doctor there I had some tricks up my sleeve. :clown:

First, since I'm very agile and can ”bend” back my knees (looks a bit freaky) the doctor really thought there was something wrong with my legs… :lol:

He then said that I could still, despite my legs, work in the kitchen but I replied that unfortunately I have frequent migraines and mentioned the name of some migraine medication! :phew:

Problem solved, no military service for me in any shape or form. :tu:

Sure I might have ”stretched” the truth there a little (pun intended), but no f**king way that I would want anything to do with violence/war/weapons - but despite this I have actually trained martial arts, but never for actual fighting - that is why I suggest you look up stuff like Tai Chi & Qi Gong exercises, these exercises will get the ”Qi flowing” and prevent migraines. Just google it, you'll most likely find a lot of stuff that actually works.

Or you could get some CBG buds to smoke/vape or CBG oil/isolate.
CBG is amazing for all types of things, love it! :love:
Migraines: CBG appears to act as a vasodilator with strong neuroprotective characteristics which might make it an interesting choice for migraine prevention or treatment because the severe and often debilitating headaches occur because of vascular dilation. 
Fusion

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:56 am
I take a look date wise & see what's what ::)
Yes, CBD resine is helping with additions, has done since my youth to help with a myriad of problems ;)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:09 pm
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:56 am
I take a look date wise & see what's what ::)
Yes, CBD resine is helping with additions, has done since my youth to help with a myriad of problems ;)
Hope to hear the track again! :tu:
Yes CBD, CBG, CBN etc. all of them really amazing. :party:
(I haven't tried THCV, but plan to… :wink: )
Fusion

Sorry for the noob question - but what exactly is granular delay/reverb and why is it not permitted as part of the rules?

abot81 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:01 am Sorry for the noob question - but what exactly is granular delay/reverb and why is it not permitted as part of the rules?
I assume that granular reverbs and delays chop up the incoming signal into grains, then processes and spreads them out in unique sounding, evolving ways that conventional reverbs cannot do. It's probably just too much of a potential diversion from the original source sound. I believe that some granular processors tend to add some pitch shifting and noticable modulation effects too.

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:24 pm
https://soundcloud.com/eauson/synister
dL enabled
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Shameless self promo ... Silverpants has asked a few weeks back why I submit my tracks so early at the beginning of the month. I replied that I'm working on several tracks parallel to OSC and need to stop starting but start finishing ... this is actually one of the parallel tracks which I now call finished ;-)
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/head ... echno-club

Return to “Instruments”