What's going on with Soundspot??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BONES wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:35 pm Yeah, well, it turns out none of these new things work if you uninstall Beatport so I won't be using them.
Thanks, good to know. Plugin Boutique support didn’t even care to respond to my requests. As a consequence, I’m no longer interested in their versions of Soundspot plugins, especially when they are tied to Beatport.

BONES wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:19 pm I was going through the presets in WaveOSC the other night and I realised that if I could only have one VSTi in my toolkit, I reckon WaveOSC/Union could fit the bill really nicely. It has a sound that really works for me. I think it might be in the distortion algorithms as much as anything. They give it a really nice edge that you can dial in to perfection, pre and post filter. No wonder Union has featured so heavily in our work over a fairly long period of time.
Union had (Windows version) huge bug - when you hard stop it (some DAWs doing it before mixdown or when you press STOP button to cut out all sounds) it's LFO stops and that position is stored as new default start position. So basically - sound can change a lot when you do that. Never fixed.

And then - WaveOSC fixes this problem, is working now good, but... legato glide mode works bad. It triggers legato glide with one note delay. Reported and I am waiting over 3 months - without any fix, confirmation or information. So I don't want to use it so far, because I am afraid that it ends like Union - with unfixed problems / abandonware. A little expensive for a plugin that is already forgotten with 1.0.0 version.

Not things that would bother me in the slightest and hardly a "huge" bug, just a minor annoyance for one or two users. A "huge" bug is the kind of thing that will freeze or crash your DAW.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Regarding the concerns for the Beatport Access, I was told by PB support agent the following:

"Our development team is working to enable our Core Collection products (purchased as a one-time perpetual product) to be able to be used without the need for our Beatport Access application, although there is no set date as to when this will happen."

I've learned to take "we're working on it" with a grain of salt after being let down many times, but at least there's hope that they might ditch the Beatport dependency.

I have so many SoundSpot plugins that I would love to be treated to a shiny new makeover, but I missed the upgrade discount window by a month :(

BONES wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:29 pm Not things that would bother me in the slightest and hardly a "huge" bug, just a minor annoyance for one or two users. A "huge" bug is the kind of thing that will freeze or crash your DAW.
Sorry, but you probably not understand how that Union bug may affect your whole project. All you need is to render your project and your song may sound completely different. It's because many DAWs (if not all) initializes hard stop before render (which is nothing unusual). And if hard stop makes Union filter position, changed by LFO, the new default start position - it may change your nice filtered sound into hard lead (for example). It's for me a huge bug, not some minor like crashing (crashes can be annoying, but when you saves your project often, it's only time wasting bug, not the one that changing your project).

That glide behaviour in WaveOSC is not that big, because you don't must using WaveOSC for mono/legato/glide leads. But if you decided to - it will be really painful (but at least do not change your sound).

The little annoying is the time Plugin Boutique to fix anything - Beatport Access, small glide bug (it's small for a programmer to fix) etc. It takes months.

UPDATE: I just get 1.0.1 version (don't know if is official) and legato problem was fixed. Good job, even if not so fast. :)

That version was released not long after the initial launch, it has been around for years. The latest version is 1.0.3, which you can download from your Plugin Boutique account (assuming that's where you bought it).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

The version of WaveOSC that I was able to download from Plugin Boutique is 1.0.1 and it no longer requires Beatport Access. Which is good because I like Union/WaveOSC but I really don't want or need PB's software to be running 24/7 on my computer.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Great news! Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Instruments”