Digitakt II Launched

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If they make Digitone II 6-operator compatible as well as 4 operator, I think that would also be pretty tempting.
<List your stupid gear here>

Gotta say, seeing that Song button for direct access to song mode makes me happy. Not only did Elektron listen to its users and add it to the original DT in a firmware update, they've now made it front and center in the mkII. That, in combination with many of the other new features, takes it from a jam box for "making beats" to a legitimate composition tool.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:18 pm Gotta say, seeing that Song button for direct access to song mode makes me happy. Not only did Elektron listen to its users and add it to the original DT in a firmware update, they've now made it front and center in the mkII. That, in combination with many of the other new features, takes it from a jam box for "making beats" to a legitimate composition tool.
Lots of less noticeable but useful improvements in the DII... The original didn't quite have enough, but this looks enticing!

They added most of what I said "WTF why" they didn't have on the original. Had to wait until after I finally caved and bought one before adding a decent amount of RAM/ROM, but that said I won't be selling my old (new) one because it is enough for what I'll be using it for- an auxiliary drum sequencer. Though I do hope they add the euclidean sequencer to old machines.
What would have made me switch:
Two more assignable outs; a screen that fills in the clear plastic covering it; an analog filter; the ability to add user-created VST effects (like Korg)...

egbert101 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:50 pm I mean, the MKII is likely indicating an upgraded CPU so stocks of the old hardware are dropping. This happened with their earlier machines and it happened to Korg. So they're basically forced into upgraded hardware so may as well add additional features. More effects, but in the case of Syntakt an opportunity perhaps to add 8-bit or 12-bit sample engines (I know this is some major wishful thinking but the possibility is there). Even so, a Syntakt MKII is a logical progression, and yes, I'll happily wait for it rather than buy one now (I've been pondering buying one for months at this point.).
This should help quell fears (mine) of a Syntakt 2.

PCB of the new Digitakt available. Same Coldfire CPU (and Syntakt has x2 of them for whatever that's worth).

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitakt-ii-pcb/212504

elxsound wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:44 pm
This should help quell fears (mine) of a Syntakt 2.

PCB of the new Digitakt available. Same Coldfire CPU (and Syntakt has x2 of them for whatever that's worth).

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/digitakt-ii-pcb/212504
Interesting how they managed to squeeze out more features, unless perhaps they clocked the chip higher. But yeah, maybe not Syntakt 2 any time soon then.
<List your stupid gear here>

I was about to buy one but there's no manual sample slicing. Decided not to get one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Elektron/s/eWnZvjCJqi
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

3lu5iv3 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:46 am I was about to buy one but there's no manual sample slicing. Decided not to get one.

Does seem a strange omission for the V2, the screen is certainly good enough and a lot of people have requested it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was added at some point…it’s a new box but a V1 firmware…Elektron are one of the few hardware manufacturers that I would bank on significant future updates :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:59 am
3lu5iv3 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:46 am I was about to buy one but there's no manual sample slicing. Decided not to get one.

Does seem a strange omission for the V2, the screen is certainly good enough and a lot of people have requested it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was added at some point…it’s a new box but a V1 firmware…Elektron are one of the few hardware manufacturers that I would bank on significant future updates :tu:
I keep thinking it's a toss-up whether they add it or not. The user requests were there on the OG box but not implemented then. Of course, the new iteration is here, and still no manual sample slicing. Seems strange to not have that ready on launch if they plan to add it.

Maybe they don't want to cut into the Octatrack profits too much? Manual slicing is available there. But yeah, that would be a dumb reason as they don't really overlap that much considering the additional things the Octatrack can do.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I agree with SLiC that there’s a chance they could add it in an update. It could be that they just ran out of time implementing it before the target release date, and Elektron has an excellent track record for adding some highly requested features via FW updates.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”