Need an empty VST coded with only GUI

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The plugin has only one knob. I need an empty VST made only with the UI so it can be opened in DAWs as a plugin. I have the UI.

Paid, let me know your offer marko (dot) Ivanovic (dot) contact (at) gmail (dot) com

We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Really nobody wanna do it for $$?

You probably misunderstand how complicated it is. Once you've worked out all the specifications you might be able to offer the job with bit more detail.

things to think about are:
Is it resizable?
VST mac or win?
Instrument or effect?
Which GUI framework is needed? (sometimes OS dependent)
Does the audio even need to pass through it? (it could be a prop plugin)

If you can't answer these questions (which any dev will want to know before going anywhere near your project) you should read the link BertKoor posted as following through will give you an idea of 'the job'.

yes, I can give the details but anyone who wants the details should contact me about the job, just like any job, which is why I offered my contact. This description is enough to know if it's within your ballpark and frankly if it isn't ie. you can't code an empty VST then you're just not a VST coder.

The description reads boring enough that anyone with experience in the industry will skip it immediately. If you can't present your product properly, you're not an interesting businessman.

You're doing it the wrong way round.

You need to tell the people who might want the job what it entails..eg if you want a win VST, macOS devs can avoid. At least report required tech specs or you'll get no bites.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm The description reads boring enough that anyone with experience in the industry will skip it immediately. If you can't present your product properly, you're not an interesting businessman.
Bro it's an empty VST? Cut the cap. There is no spectacle about it, just a boring empty VST with a One knob GUI. You can ask the technicalities in DM. Seems like you would rather spend time arguing about this nonesense and trying so hard to offend me for no reason at all. Pent up aggression much?

It's a money grind, a simple job, there's nothing to it. this is a very unprofessional conversation, is this a job board or what? I'm not offering a deluxe 5-day stay at a luxury tourist location, I am not going to pitch you an empty VST. If you're that uninterested in making plain money then just skip.

I'll do fine either way.

Here is code for a vst with one knob
https://github.com/pongasoft/vst3-again-sample

Enjoy!!

FAEDev wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 pm
MirkoVanHauten wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:51 pm The description reads boring enough that anyone with experience in the industry will skip it immediately. If you can't present your product properly, you're not an interesting businessman.
Bro it's an empty VST? Cut the cap. There is no spectacle about it, just a boring empty VST with a One knob GUI. You can ask the technicalities in DM. Seems like you would rather spend time arguing about this nonesense and trying so hard to offend me for no reason at all. Pent up aggression much?

It's a money grind, a simple job, there's nothing to it. this is a very unprofessional conversation, is this a job board or what? I'm not offering a deluxe 5-day stay at a luxury tourist location, I am not going to pitch you an empty VST. If you're that uninterested in making plain money then just skip.

I'll do fine either way.
There's a sticky for a very, very good reason.

Every job is a 2-way process. Do you want the employee and does that employee want to work for you? You're hearing from people that can perform the work and they're taking their downtime to explain what's written in detail here:

Everyone will do fine either way.

viewtopic.php?t=194452

You gave no clue what's behind that "one knob", what it's supposed to do. So devs are clueless whether they are able to implement it.

Remember: ideas are cheap and plentyful. Implementing it is difficult and expensive...

FAEDev wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 pm Bro it's an empty VST? Cut the cap. There is no spectacle about it, just a boring empty VST with a
You asked the professionals, they took time out of thier day to help you understand what is generally done when approaching a project like this, and you are arguing with them. You cut the 'cap'. Show some respect.

BertKoor wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:49 pm You gave no clue what's behind that "one knob", what it's supposed to do. So devs are clueless whether they are able to implement it.

Remember: ideas are cheap and plentyful. Implementing it is difficult and expensive...
There's nothing behind the one knob?

It just turns and does nothing. Hence the word "empty" VST with only GUI

cpr wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:12 pm
FAEDev wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:59 pm Bro it's an empty VST? Cut the cap. There is no spectacle about it, just a boring empty VST with a
You asked the professionals, they took time out of thier day to help you understand what is generally done when approaching a project like this, and you are arguing with them. You cut the 'cap'. Show some respect.
Nah, anyone can come in claiming to be a professional, I don't got respect for people who display bad qualities, good thing there's a market that you can choose from. Yeah, no respect for you.

BertKoor wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:44 pm Here is code for a vst with one knob
https://github.com/pongasoft/vst3-again-sample

Enjoy!!
Thanks, you seem to be the only one with a productive response having given me two useful responses however I really wanted just to pay someone to do it no matter whether it's simple to implement because I have a lot to do and don't want to dabble in tutorials and code. Thanks though.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”