Nomad Factory Magnetics Bundle v3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Magnetics Bundle V3

I installed these and my upgraded Integral Pack license activated them automatically. Thanks for the free upgrades. :tu:

I noticed the CPU on echoes was a lot higher than the other two even on 1x oversampling.

Thanks Nick. I'm going to have a look around. I found a serial # but it's for the AMT Bundle. I'll search more and also try to get back into my account. I think I tossed the login when I thought you guys were gone. I use Cosmos and Magnetic quite a lot.

Great to see Cosmos updated. It will be much easier to use now with the bigger sizes. I don't get hung up on specs, I only care if a plugin sounds good on my source material or not. I feel much more confident calling up Cosmos now knowing that it's getting love from Plugivery.

On the Plugivery forums Eric said the British Bundle is next then perhaps the Plug and Mix VIP bundle, both of which I own so I'm excited to see them brought up to modern standards. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

This is nice news and I appreciate that they all work with my ISP III license, I didn't even need to re-authorize them. So far they all seem to work well, and Echoes no longer leaks memory anymore so I can use it now, although it is quite a bit more CPU hungry but I'm okay with that.

It's really good to see all these plugins being updated - the Retro EQ's bundle they released some months back was very impressive!

And it's great that they're going to continue, especially the VIP and British bundle being next - I use NEQ-1972 quite a lot. I wasn't able to gel with the MCL-2269 though, I couldn't understand the gain staging.

I just want the LFO beating to stop. I get that on some Echoes presets and if I turn the tape effect up too much in Magnetic.

How is the stability on Magnetic and Echos on Mac Silicone? I loved both, but on my old system, they used cause hard crashes too frequently.

I’m trying to find my old license/login info now.

Has anyone been able to authorize on Windows 7? It says:

Failed to authorize
Couldn't connect to server

It did work on Windows 10.

clivestretch wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:19 pm
Nick Hamilton wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:54 pm
The upgrades to Version 3 for Cosmos, ECHOES, Magnetic are free of charge for all previous owners.

Nick
Of course there should be no charge for a major update to a plugin. It's completely reasonable to expect people to work for free.
Does anyone have any idea what Clive tries to say here? Does this post make any sense to anyone? :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Burillo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:12 pm when they say "improved DSP", do they mean "exciters" in COSMOS finally generate harmonics now, instead of being static EQ curves? (same applies to ECHOES, actually - their "models" of different delays were actually just EQ curves, not models of anything, but at least it's defensible in a delay plugin)
I finally got around to testing them.

Cosmos actually does generate harmonics now, and Echoes actually does have some sort of harmonic thing going on as well. these are completely different plugins from what they once were!

as a side note, I also just tested the Pulse-Tec and All-Tec EQ's and noticed that their preamp section is completely identical.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

jens wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:01 pm
clivestretch wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:19 pm
The upgrades to Version 3 for Cosmos, ECHOES, Magnetic are free of charge for all previous owners.

Nick
Of course there should be no charge for a major update to a plugin. It's completely reasonable to expect people to work for free.
Does anyone have any idea what Clive tries to say here? Does this post make any sense to anyone? :?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:33 pm Unfortunately it can't handle echo time higher than 2000 ms when Sync is engaged. This means at lower BPM the 1/2D (<90 BPM) and 1 bar (<120 BPM) settings are not working properly. In the old version of Echoes the echo time also is 2000 ms, but when Sync is engaged, it goes up to 4 bars, so there are no issues with lower BPM.
This is not the expected behavior and we couldn't reproduce the issue. It should handle any BPM down to 60 for all bars options, as specified in the user manual. Please contact technical support with your environment details so we can fix this.
Lotuz2019 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:54 am Has anyone been able to authorize on Windows 7? It says:

Failed to authorize
Couldn't connect to server

It did work on Windows 10.
We still officially support Windows 7, please open a support ticket, we will be happy to help you :wink:

Burillo wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:47 pm
Burillo wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:12 pm same applies to ECHOES, actually - their "models" of different delays were actually just EQ curves
these are completely different plugins from what they once were!
When I compare the old and new version of Echoes, it sounds to me like they put those same EQ curves into a new plugin. I must say the lofi sound of the old version has its charm, but it can get ugly too. The new version handles hot signals and drive much better.

This applies of course to the owners of the Magnetics Bundle I and Magnetics Bundle II as well as the Integral Studio Pack III, which includes the Cosmos, ECHOES, and Magnetic plug-ins.

Best regards,

Nick
If I buy Magnetic 3, will it include version 2 as well? I think 3 sounds great, but the two versions sound very different and I do miss the chunky phase rotation of 2. They actually complement each other quite well

kevinsparks wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 am
If I buy Magnetic 3, will it include version 2 as well? … I do miss the chunky phase rotation of 2.
How can you miss 'chunky phase rotation' if you don't own it?

Because I used to own it?

Return to “Effects”