MonkeyC Audio - Rando Sampler, the randomizing sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

monkeyc_audio wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:41 pm Yes working on that tomorrow!!
Amazing, thank you.

On a side note, I use Monkey Rewind so often that it's basically permanently opened on my desktop. Just a great app that makes my life much easier.

Shame.. no demo. No demo no purchase (yes I know about the 30-day money back guarantee)

LFO8 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:37 am Shame.. no demo. No demo no purchase (yes I know about the 30-day money back guarantee)
then you miss out

That's ok.

Bitwig multi-outs aren't available as inputs. This is a problem because it means i can't make a separate track for each sound which means you can't bounce the tracks separately.

It's kinda hard to explain, hopefully you'll understand. I've attached a picture to show you what is missing.
bw.png
The picture uses Maschine for example.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spring Goose wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 pm Bitwig multi-outs aren't available as inputs. This is a problem because it means i can't make a separate track for each sound which means you can't bounce the tracks separately.

It's kinda hard to explain, hopefully you'll understand. I've attached a picture to show you what is missing.

bw.png

This good enough? :)

https://share.cleanshot.com/8vSWd1Rf

monkeyc_audio wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:12 am
Spring Goose wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:37 pm Bitwig multi-outs aren't available as inputs. This is a problem because it means i can't make a separate track for each sound which means you can't bounce the tracks separately.

bw.png

This good enough? :)

https://share.cleanshot.com/8vSWd1Rf
Awesome! Yeah that looks exactly correct.

I was on the fence as I use Serato sample for stuff like this, but the developer seems engaged and its a fun concept...so it has my support, just purchased!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:38 am I was on the fence as I use Serato sample for stuff like this, but the developer seems engaged and its a fun concept...so it has my support, just purchased!
Thanks for the support! :tu:

Is anyone having any luck with loops? First of all I find that if I point Rando to a folder only containing loops, it will only recognize about 15% of those files as actual loops. This includes using a so called "special folder" like the Apple Loops folder, or other folders containing loops in standard .wav
The majority of the loops will be seen as one shots after Randos analysing.

Secondly, the few files it correctly analyses as loops are seldomly correctly beatmatched to the projects tempo.

I contacted Monkey C by email on their support section on the website but they never got back to me.

How is your experience dealing with loops with this tool? It would be great if it actually worked.

Mantras wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:17 am Is anyone having any luck with loops? First of all I find that if I point Rando to a folder only containing loops, it will only recognize about 15% of those files as actual loops. This includes using a so called "special folder" like the Apple Loops folder, or other folders containing loops in standard .wav
The majority of the loops will be seen as one shots after Randos analysing.

Secondly, the few files it correctly analyses as loops are seldomly correctly beatmatched to the projects tempo.

I contacted Monkey C by email on their support section on the website but they never got back to me.

How is your experience dealing with loops with this tool? It would be great if it actually worked.
Hi Mantras,

sorry we missed your email; I would like to invite you to our Discord server as well: we are always present there, but we try to answer any email as fast as possible.

We are almost done with a big update regarding the file name analysis. Right now, Rando uses filenames to extract bpm and loop information, but we have just completed a new analysis algorithm that works 210% better. In our last email, we asked users to send in their database so we can work with that data, and that has been quite successful.

Regarding the Apple loops: this will also be addressed in this update, Appleloops don't have any information in the filename about tempo. So coming next we will open all those files and extract bpm etc from them, but that will have to be done in a separate process because otherwise scanning your samples will never be done in time.

We also improved bpm matching in the last update, what version are you on right now?

Please email us with your issues, and we can address you a bit better there. Maybe it is a good idea if you submit your db file to us as well so we can learn from that too.

We have deep file analysis on the roadmap for either this or next month and that will improve things even further.

Have a great weekend,

Dennis

Return to “Instruments”