[FR] MCompare Peak Spectrum Analyzer

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MCompare is among one of my favorite tool for mastering, although i think a peak spectrum analyzer would be so much useful, so we can compare and check both master and our reference visually too.

The idea is to have a spectrum analyzer that also enable to hold peaks (just check "Hornet MultiFreq" with peak enabled) that shows both tracks simultaneously but just listening one of them (as it is right now).

Otherwise to achieve the same stuff you need to make inconvenient routing making a submix, and stuff i'd love to avoid cause it may mess up with the mix and other stuff

here you find a very raw mockup i made just to give an idea
mockup.jpg

The reason of this request is because when you have a reference to match may be very handy (and it is) also to check the spectrum, expecially on the lower part of the spectrum that may look trickier on headphones or without a sub.
And so also the scale of the frequency should be more detailed (as logaritmic scale) between 0 to 100 hz to give a more accurate reading of this area, that is something lots of analyzer fail with imo.

Ps: the average knob on mmultianalyzer isn't the same as a an maximum hold peak visualization.
For reference as the analyzer should work, just check the hornet analyzer with peak enabled to see how it behave cause it's well made
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Well we have MMultiAnalyzer for that. The thing is MCompare doesn't really "play" nor access other sources/files if they are not played. Then entire engine would have to be rewritten to allow otherwise and it would take more CPU, so currently not planned.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:38 am Well we have MMultiAnalyzer for that. The thing is MCompare doesn't really "play" nor access other sources/files if they are not played. Then entire engine would have to be rewritten to allow otherwise and it would take more CPU, so currently not planned.
Maybe there is an intelligent workaround you could apply to MMultiAnalyzer, but it needs a real max peak option, cause right now afaik there isn't.

The idea is a toogle you can click to store the max peak with different color, so we can overlap more "color" to compare them.

i.e. in the left section where different istances are detected, just to add something like a color toggle where when engaged will enable a max peak reading, creating the max peak with that color.

So when i click the "blue" and hit play, the curve will be readed and stored with the max peak till i click it again over the blue.
Then in MCompare, i can toggle the reference track, and with MMA placed later, i can click "yellow" instead and see the new yellow reading overlayed with my previous blue.

I don't know if my explanation is clear, i hope so. The point is to being able to let the analyzer to detect and store the max peak from different sounds in the same track, and so telling to the analyzer what's one and what's the other, may be a good and easy solution to this.

I hope you can consider it, cause it's very useful and i found no other plugin doing that.

Thanks

Return to “MeldaProduction”