Oberheim TEO-5 Leaked

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oberheim has not yet officially announced the TEO-5, which will probably happen for Superbooth 2024. According to the leak, it will cost 1699€.
https://synthanatomy.com/2024/04/leak-o ... ake-5.html
<List your stupid gear here>

I just came here to post this!

Looks like Oberheim’s take on the Take 5.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Yippeekayeye

Great sized keyboard for a mono synth. For chords and a lead line, not so much.

Aliens wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:43 pm Great sized keyboard for a mono synth. For chords and a lead line, not so much.
IDK, 3.5 octaves isn't too bad, but can definitely be limiting. If they were to release this in a desktop form (doubtful), that could solve that problem and could be a tempting replacement for my OB-6 module.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Seems too similar to Take5, an odd choice I think...

Only problem I have with Take 5/TEO-5 format is the lack of pure analog path or not being able to bypass the effects, or at least unless that's changed with the TEO-5. Also the weird way that the oscillator frequency range in the Take 5 is lacking compared to the prophet 5 (which may be due to the digital path). When you're paying £1000+ for 5-voice analog, you don't expect such strange limitations.
<List your stupid gear here>

I only came here to find out what a TEO is.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Now we just need Moog to create a Taur5 and we'll have a Take5/TEO5/Taur5 trifecta to compete with the Prophet6/OB6/Trigon6 trifecta.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:45 pm I only came here to find out what a TEO is.
Totally Excellent Oberheim

egbert101 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 pm Only problem I have with Take 5/TEO-5 format is the lack of pure analog path or not being able to bypass the effects, or at least unless that's changed with the TEO-5.
In the case of Take 5 at least it's digital domain already at amp section right after filter.

At least TEO looks good, compared to OBX8 which is probably the ugliest panel I saw. Something taken from a 60's James Bond movie control room panel for the villain about to blow up the world.

I think a Behringer JT-16 or whatever it was announced as Jupiter clone is closer to my heart.

People seem so polarized about the blue lines. To me, it’s the trademark Oberheim look and I don’t think I’d want it any other way (not that it affects my buying decision anyway).

cryophonik wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:23 pm People seem so polarized about the blue lines. To me, it’s the trademark Oberheim look and I don’t think I’d want it any other way (not that it affects my buying decision anyway).
Blue lines as done on the OB-6 desktop are far more tasteful and add far less visual clutter. Definitely a minor negative for the TEO-5 that wouldn’t sway me either way because it’s so minor.

Strategically leaked I'd say...

It's always great advertising and has the punters salivating by the time the product is released for sale...

It's an old marketing trick that has become much more prevalent in the digital age :wink:
No auto tune...

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:07 pm
cryophonik wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:23 pm People seem so polarized about the blue lines. To me, it’s the trademark Oberheim look and I don’t think I’d want it any other way (not that it affects my buying decision anyway).
Blue lines as done on the OB-6 desktop are far more tasteful and add far less visual clutter. Definitely a minor negative for the TEO-5 that wouldn’t sway me either way because it’s so minor.
Yeah, but that said, they should do a special edition TEO-5 in the classic white ala the SEM. Actually, if Sequential did that with the OB-6, I might be tempted to swap mine out. :love:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”