I bought too many soft synths

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:24 pm i dont like pizza :shrug:
so sue me.
Maybe a product of your environment. Pizza in England is better than pizza in Norway but that's not saying much.

liquidsound wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:29 pm
Uncle E wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:20 pm *MY* pizza rankings (don't @ me):

Chicago > NY > Detroit > California

Is California pizza even a thing? Yes, sadly, it's a thing.
Frozen Pizza! I see... :ud:
Worse! Tofu meat and cauliflower crusts!

not that i dont ever eat pizza, but im never going to be the one in the group that says "shall we get pizza?".
too much bread in the base, to veg n meat ratio, you get full faster, then hungry later.

Agreed. A lot of bread in Chicago, too, but there's so much going on that you don't notice. Detroit pizza is the worst for this, although still not as offensive as California pizza.

Newmans (Paul) has been getting pizzas made in Italy that are very good but the very best is Amy's Organic Cheese and just add whatever toppings you like.

It’s the shape that counts!!!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

so sue me.
The lawyers have got together and calculated the take from a class action and they will be contacting you as soon as they can work out their individual percentages :wink:
No auto tune...

vurt wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:35 pmtoo much bread in the base, to veg n meat ratio, you get full faster, then hungry later.
Have you ever been to another country?
Ask Bones to take you out for a wood-fired pizza.
(the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!)
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

I am so glad that this thread is finally moving to such interesting topics like coffee and pizza.

Pizza is certainly not the first (or second) thing that I would get in Italy but can we at least agree that all the pizzas not done with a good old wood fire hoven are just assassination of Italian gastronomy?
I mean,we should call them tomato pie, not pizza, it is like having a bbq with a microwave.

For coffee, everything that is not espresso (real ones) or cappuccino is totally missing the point.

Like can somebody explain to me the concept of Americano ? 2 liters of dull coffee, it is like somebody is asking you to drink a bathtube after use....

I'd better have feral cats....

Uncle E wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:30 pm
so sue me.
Maybe a product of your environment. Pizza in England is better than pizza in Norway but that's not saying much.
Who the hell can afford a pizza in Norway anyway. I am calling bluff.

I'd better buy Omnisphere new for the same price.
.... And get too much plugins

I have a semi-similar problem as OP, except I bought way too many Playstation games, all digital, and so can't be resold. I've come to terms with it, mostly because there's nothing I can do about it (I won't sell my account as that's a no-no and I don't do no-no's, plus I would never recoup anything near what I spent). Ah well! :)

How about "I bought too many DAWs?" :help:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Jac459 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:00 am Pizza is certainly not the first (or second) thing that I would get in Italy but can we at least agree that all the pizzas not done with a good old wood fire hoven are just assassination of Italian gastronomy?
We need Pekbro here to talk about Maui pulled pork pizza.

Jac459 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:05 am Who the hell can afford a pizza in Norway anyway. I am calling bluff.
It's because Norwegians don't eat restaurant pizza. Grandiosa has replaced fårikål as the national dish.

Jac459 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:35 amWhen showed examples of modern synthesis, I predicted you would either answer "it is a sample", either answer "I don't care". Both happened in a very borring and predictable way
It's called consistency, it is not a bad thing. And what makes you think physical modelling is anything new? Korg's Prophecy had it 30 years ago and Yamaha had their VL-1 before that.
If you think that EQuing a bass sounds the same than adding a partial, then I am pretty sure we won't manage to agree.
Who cares? What matters is that it has the same effect in a mix. Mind you, I spend way more time trying to get rid of the bottom end in synths than I do trying to add it.
And as you don't care about my views and I don't care about yours, I propose to stop.
Probably best for you, just to make sure you never learn anything that might actually be useful to you.
Jac459 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:00 amPizza is certainly not the first (or second) thing that I would get in Italy but can we at least agree that all the pizzas not done with a good old wood fire hoven are just assassination of Italian gastronomy?
Like analogue synths, I reckon this is another thing nobody could pick in a blind test. The attraction, I reckon, is that it smells so good when you go to pick it up that it puts you in a frame of mind to enjoy it more. Take that away and it's just another pizza.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”