Recommended Piano course??

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone have a recommended piano course that they used and really helped them get better?

I know practice, practice, practice is the best method, but are there any courses out there that helps you practice, or anything that actually gave you good results after 6months - a year or so?

I am fully self-taught, so I defined my own "curriculum" based on my own interests. Some of my "syllabus" included (real-time) music transcription and through-composed improvisations.

I'm trying to learn some piano skill with Melodics. It's quite a good solution for me because I like doing things by myself, at my rythm. Other people may prefer a real teacher. What I like in Melodics is that there are exercices for different levels and you can you adapt the tempo, or activate the the "wait" mode (great for learning a song). The program also tells you if you don't play in the good tempo. The benefit I've seen on 5 months is that my fingers gained some agility, and I play more naturally. I also try some chords that I did'nt even think about before.

Return to “Music Theory”