Current Launch v2 - A new instrument platform by Minimal Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No DAW required. Appealing to those who want a simpler setup or don't use a DAW regularly.
And of course live use. Standalone versions are ideal for live performances as they don't rely on a DAW running in the background, which can be more stable and reliable.

Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:16 pm Who needs standalones??? I never got why they even are made…
I do. You don't have to launch the DAW if you have a standalone version of a synth, really efficient.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

enCiphered wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:29 pm No DAW required. Appealing to those who want a simpler setup or don't use a DAW regularly.
And of course live use. Standalone versions are ideal for live performances as they don't rely on a DAW running in the background, which can be more stable and reliable.
No DAW required? So it does have a standalone version? Noice!
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Hey everyone!

Jake here checking back in -- it's been a while so I've not stayed super up to date on what's been happening in this thread but just some updates.

Current All Access is now -> Minimal Audio All-Access

Which just means now that when you're on the all access plan, you get all Minimal Audio products, not just Current things. If you had previously signed up for All Access you should have Rift and all of our Software as well as future software we're releasing automatically added to your account.

The new "bread & butter" factory content library is pretty close to complete. This will replace the opinionated packs you get when you purchase Current at the moment. If you purchased / signed up for Current before the official factory content, you'll keep everything you were credited for on the initial release as well as get the new factory content pack.

A new update for the stream / browser is getting pretty close to complete as well as a new mod matrix. We made a discord we've been sharing more info and getting feedback if anyone is interested in joining there's a link on the footer of the website.

We've also added trials site wide & license transfers. It's taken a bit of time but thanks everyone for the feedback. I'll try to check in here this week and answer any questions.

Minimal Audio wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:41 pm
Which just means now that when you're on the all access plan, you get all Minimal Audio products, not just Current things. If you had previously signed up for All Access you should have Rift and all of our Software as well as future software we're releasing automatically added to your account.
Very nice, cheers!

Thanks Jake - it seems like there is nothing negative about being an early adopter ;)
We made a discord we've been sharing more info and getting feedback if anyone is interested in joining there's a link on the footer of the website.
Hopefully you'll keep us up to date here too. I personally don't like discord - it doesn't seem easy to follow things...
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Has anyone else experienced Current failing to recall settings when opening a project? This just happened to me today on my laptop. I was using the Live 12 beta so it's possible some quirk in the beta is at fault too. Thankfully I'd saved several iterations of the preset I was making, but still concerning.

https://discord.com/channels/1192576680 ... 5347897454

Quiet here on kvr, but things are happening.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:35 pm https://discord.com/channels/1192576680 ... 5347897454

Quiet here on kvr, but things are happening.
rsp
Thanks for posting sir. A new factory bank will be awesome.

Also seems that they've released their chorus as a standalone. It's actually a pretty nice effect, can do some eerie watery reverb stuff pretty well. I'm avoiding the sunk cost of using the standalone FX, although do really like Cluster Delay.

I'm sure this has been suggested already but I'd love an fx rack version of the minimal suite with modulation options , or even easier add audio input like pigments did 🤤 still loving current !

can you use paypal for $120 subscription plan or still not available?

Anyone have issues with Current in Cubase? I'm not sure whether it's the problem or not, but am getting a lot more crashes in a project where I've introduced an instance of Current. The crash logs are opaque and aren't really telling me it's Current but it seems possible. Which is a shame because I've started to really enjoy it and prefer the workflow to Serum or Vital..

Every product should have proper documentation. Current needs a PDF manual.

Return to “Instruments”